Red Dot Question

gtb3440

I just bought a Beretta A300 Ultima 20 gauge for turkey hunting. I'm considering having a red dot sight mounted on it. It is not tapped for a rail/scope so I was wondering:
Is anyone familiar with Meadow Creek Mounts or any other brands where the mount is attached to the vent rib? Or, is it better to take it to a shop and have it tapped on the receiver?

Lilly001

Burris also makes one that fits between the stock and receiver of a lot of shotguns. It allows the mounting of a fast fire style red dot.

Gator89

I just bought a Beretta A300 Ultima 20 gauge for turkey hunting. I'm considering having a red dot sight mounted on it. It is not tapped for a rail/scope so I was wondering:
Is anyone familiar with Meadow Creek Mounts or any other brands where the mount is attached to the vent rib? Or, is it better to take it to a shop and have it tapped on the receiver?

The rib mounts were out of stock yesterday, said until 3/5/2023.

bighonkinjeep

Just dont get any rib mount that uses set screws unless you dont mind little.circles through the finish into the metal...
Dont ask me how I know. Grrrr

I've used the snap on magnetic style Tru Glo magnum gobble dot extreme fiber optic open sights on my 1187 turkey gun for many years and love them.
Perfect for turkey hunting. Slide the up and down the vent rib to adjust for elevation. Super easy to install and remove after the season with no marring or permanant modification to your gun. Also allows for super fast natural point and shoot follow up when a bird takes flight after slipping in from behind at 7-10 yards and the fist sized shot charge from a extra full misses his neck on the first one.
Yep, I'd recommend them. Really economical too and no batteries ever.

I have a Burris Fastfire 3 and like it but it rides an already installed picatinny rail on a tactical shotgun.
Good luck and I hope you find what works for you.

Last edited:

frankwright

I prefer a Pic mount, I'd find a gun smith and get it tapped.
Yes, this really is the best bet. A gunsmith or machinist can drill and tap it for a picatinny rail.
Or Sumtoy has a custom mount for a Beretta and a Burris/Vortex Red Dot for about $60 but you still have to have the gun drilled But the dot will sit lower than with a Pic rail or a rib mount.

Good Luck!