All about the Yang-ling & sides tonight.....

Dub

Before I even lifted a knife I knew tonight's dinner would be a home run with the tribe.

Reason being that a buddy at work brought me some of his excellent hash that folks go crazy over. All I had to do was thaw it out and pour it over some rice....easy....done.....no work involved. I'm not a big fan of hash but I have to say his is mighty good.

Already had some leftovers from yessaday so no work there, either.

So....what did I have to do ?

Cut up a smallish shicken and rub it down and try not to ruin it on the grill. Easy. Done.

Heck....I didn't even make up a batch of sauce, but used a bottle I had on hand of some that I've been waiting for the right time to use. Today I was lazy enough to bust it open.

Time to play with fire. A chimney full of Kingsford blue bag is the perfect amount of coals to cook a heap of stuff in their little 18" Smokey Joe....just about perfect for today's yardbird.

Had the lower vent at full throttle and the top at 1/4 and dropped it on after brushing off the grate.

It took exactly two Yang-Lings and then it was time to flip the parts.

One more and it was time to sauce 'em up.

And a final 'un to serve it up.

Yessaday's mashed taters were reinvigorated with a dose of Colby Jack & cheddar.

My bride thinks I'm a mad genius......and all I did was heat up some sides and put a knife to a shicken and toss it on some hot coals.

The real work was done by our grandparents and their grandparents who didn't have the luxury of microwaves & supermarkets.

I'm just a dude that is grateful for them paving the way. They probably would scorn how I spend the free time saved....Yang-ling & football....I'll meet up with them one day and apologize. :rofl:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
That chicken looks dead on the money, Dub! :clap:

I've been chopping peppers, onions, mushrooms, and garlic. Fixin' to make up my favorite deer meat/farfalle pasta dish and watch the Walking Dead.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Yuengling is my lubrication of choice but found this up NCHs way. It’s down right tolerable.

You nailed that chicken! Looks great!

Attachments

• F4D3D584-E495-48C6-8E6C-EC34F4A4D3DF.jpeg
    F4D3D584-E495-48C6-8E6C-EC34F4A4D3DF.jpeg
    239.6 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Dub

Looks great,,,,trying to get the Ling up here,,,,

I can't imagine you not liking it.

Now....it you are someone that likes brews that are very hoppy then you may wonder where the flavor is....example being Sam Adams.

I'm not a huge fan of most ever Sam Adams version that I've tried other than their Boston Ale...which was hard to find.

Yuengling has a smooth balanced flavor and is really good. Their seasonals are outstanding, too...........at least in my opinion. Summer Wheat & Oktoberfest are both favorites of mine....the latter should be available locally now.

The pic I posted of the suds in the glass was their light beer. It's got a lot going on for a light beer, too. A lot. Good stuff.

That chicken looks dead on the money, Dub! :clap:

I've been chopping peppers, onions, mushrooms, and garlic. Fixin' to make up my favorite deer meat/farfalle pasta dish and watch the Walking Dead.

Thank you, man.

I love grilled yardbird about as much as anything I toss on the coals.

Looking forward to seeing your meal come together.

I'm recording TWD and will watch in the morning over a pot of stone coffee while contemplating what to make for our breakfast.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Dadgum Dub, looks great!!! Cheese grits and shrimp here.

Attachments

• 2C3712B7-9435-4B93-AE4C-B972D62CC39D.jpeg
    2C3712B7-9435-4B93-AE4C-B972D62CC39D.jpeg
    141.2 KB · Views: 12

Cmp1

BANNED
I can't imagine you not liking it.

Now....it you are someone that likes brews that are very hoppy then you may wonder where the flavor is....example being Sam Adams.

I'm not a huge fan of most ever Sam Adams version that I've tried other than their Boston Ale...which was hard to find.

Yuengling has a smooth balanced flavor and is really good. Their seasonals are outstanding, too...........at least in my opinion. Summer Wheat & Oktoberfest are both favorites of mine....the latter should be available locally now.

The pic I posted of the suds in the glass was their light beer. It's got a lot going on for a light beer, too. A lot. Good stuff.

Thank you, man.

I love grilled yardbird about as much as anything I toss on the coals.

Looking forward to seeing your meal come together.

I'm recording TWD and will watch in the morning over a pot of stone coffee while contemplating what to make for our breakfast.
I've never had Ling,can't get it here,but I'm trying,,,,I probably will like it though,,,,

Reactions: Dub

GA1dad

Great write up and pictures Dub. Really interested in trying that BBQ sauce too. I do like hash, and that looks legit! I prefer mine over mashed potatoes instead of rice.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Man Dub! That grub looks fantastic!!!!!!!

Dadgum Dub, looks great!!! Cheese grits and shrimp here.
Love me some cheese and grits! Yours looks great!!!!!!!!!!!