All Quiet on Every Front. No sign of deer or bear at all

Professor

Sorry to hear that you've had to leave the peach state. I've shared the story many times of you taking the time to show me around that day in Cohutta a few years ago as an example of how mountain hunters in this state are a different breed. Crazy old men who spend months in the wilderness and manage to kill animals with sticks and strings that most "seasoned" hunters will never even see. But, most importantly, I tell that story to explain how the mountain hunters of North Georgia are welcoming and willing to teach the next generation of hunters instead of just keeping all the knowledge to themselves and shunning newcomers. It's guys like you and the others on this forum that will bridge the gap between the generations and ensure that the tradition of wilderness hunting in the east continues on to my children's generation. So I owe you and everyone else on this page a great deal of thanks for taking the time to teach those of us who come willing to learn.

Good luck in VA! Those mountain bucks have no idea that their days are numbered!
I hope you are right. The mountain bucks up here are a lot bigger because they slide down into the Shenandoah Vally and feast on agg crops. But, the rifle season on public land is really short and it starts after the rut. Mountain hunting is hard enough without having to do it only with a bow. I believe I will have to invest in a high end crossbow.

I hunted 4 days in the GA mountains this year. Saw a lot of hogs and nothing else. I will be back eventually.

If anything I did helped you on your journey then I must have done something right on that day.