Al's countdown to Africa!

SELFBOW

<EMBED SRC="http://games.webgamedesign.com/free/counter2-1.swf?title=Africa%20here%20Al%20comes!&count=down&time=1406693520000&bgc=0x000000&bgb=1&bgd=0&bc=0xcccccc&bb=1&bd=0&tc=0xcccccc&tb=1&td=1&uc=0x99ccff&ub=1&ud=2&nc=0x333333&nb=1&nd=0" TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" NAME="Free Counter" ALIGN=MIDDLE WIDTH=500 HEIGHT=100 quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" allowFullScreen="false" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer">
He leaves in one week.

I just want to wish Al all the luck possible and well wishes for enjoying the entire journey. Take care of him Jerry and Luke.

Al tell us the setup you're taking, arrow weights, etc....

Last edited:

jerry russell

With bear camp behind me I have started to REALLY get excited. I want to know a text count between me and Al getting ready for this. It is building to a fever pitch.
I am as excited for Al as a person can imagine.

Al33

To be honest, hunting Africa was never on my bucket list but just reading and hearing of Jerry's adventures there along with John Abbott;s trip last year I just decided to go. Not likely I would have done this had I not been able to go with Jerry and Luke, I REALLY enjoy hanging with these two. :)
I had been saving my dollars for retirement for over 30 years and up until now had not spent any of it after being retired for 8 years. At soon to be 66 I thought it best to start eating some of the fruits of my labors.:bounce:

I will be taking my two take down bows, my 51# Flatwoods and my 53# Crow Creek Black Feather. Arrows consist of 3555's, woodies, and an aluminum or two, all will be tipped with 2 blade heads. Also taking some for the small critters.

I'm thinking my top 5 picks on animals will be Kudu, Warthog, Wildebeast, Gemsbok, and Zebra but that may change once I get there and see the offerings up close and personal.:p I just hope I do my part and pick the exact spot the arrow needs to hit and stay burned on it until the arrow gets there.

Da Possum

Campfire Helper
Wow! That is awesome Al! I know you will have the time of your life! Congrats to you!

dm/wolfskin

Goood luck to you Al. Need lots of pictures. Now don't you go and put on you brain tan buckskin loin cloth and act like Tarzan. You want the critters close not running away.:rofl: Have a safe trip. Keep him straight Jerry.:cool::clap:

Barry Duggan

Be sure to wash your face, brush your teeth and change your undies on a regular basis. Oh and, take along some bug spray and watch where you put your feet, and don't throw dirt clods at the indigenous people...they don't like that...:p

Have fun Al, and take a pic, or two, while you're at it.

Blueridge

Good luck Al , drink a lot of water on the plane and leave the Stewardesses alone. Ya'll have a great hunt!!

TNGIRL

I think everyone's told you everything you need to do....so all I'll add is stay safe, watch out for that sore toe of yours and stay hydrated!!!! I know you'll enjoy this experience and time with these fine fellas!!!! And I am very glad you are spending some of that retirement!!!!! (spend it all and live off your daughters!!!! haha!)

p.s. take a good book to read on the plane ride!!!! :biggrin3:

Al33

Tomi, I just got back from the podiatrist where he cut on the toe for the third time, this time on the opposite side of the toe where it is ingrown there now.:rolleyes: Still trying to get rid of the infection and will start round 3 of antibiotics Friday after I finish round 2. He gave me a deep trimming versus removing it completely which was my option as I didn't want to have to deal with another two weeks of wound healing. I am hopeful I will be able to wear boots while on the ground there, if not, I will be limited on how I can hunt.

Thanks all for the warm wishes and incorporated humor.:bounce:

JBranch

Good luck Mr. Al. Hope you have a great trip. We will all be waiting for a hunting story or two, haven't been too many lately.

John Abbott

Oh Al you forgot about....Diker, Impala, Heartabest, Blue and Black Wildabeast, Blesbuck, Springbuck, and for fun all kinds of birds at the water..just don't listen to Toby he is a great salesman.. I wish I were going..

TNGIRL

Tomi, I just got back from the podiatrist where he cut on the toe for the third time, this time on the opposite side of the toe where it is ingrown there now.:rolleyes: Still trying to get rid of the infection and will start round 3 of antibiotics Friday after I finish round 2. He gave me a deep trimming versus removing it completely which was my option as I didn't want to have to deal with another two weeks of wound healing. I am hopeful I will be able to wear boots while on the ground there, if not, I will be limited on how I can hunt.

Thanks all for the warm wishes and incorporated humor.:bounce:

It sounds like you are doing about all you can do right now.......if you didn't have this trip, I would have had them remove the nail and start fresh. Remember that after you return if it's not healed or "flares" back up..... I pray that it eases off and heals so you can enjoy this trip! ::;

pine nut

I am more excited that you are going than I would be if I were going! My prayer for you is that you have a great hunt , stay safe, and bring back lots of stories and PICTURES! Keep 'em sharp Al!