Always an adventure

sprewett

This evening after work my son and I headed over to Pine Log looking for hogs, but mainly to exercise and not have to go to the gym. We parked at the East Valley Road gate we walked in and I told Enzley we were gonna slip around the corn fields. We jumped a young small basket 6 up from bed at about 20 yards. We both said welp that makes the whole trip right there. I explained that we would walk the perimeter of the big field and enter the smaller one behind it. When we were approximately 50 yards from our turning point a large caliber rifle went off REAL close to us. I stopped and looked at Enzley honestly a little spooked because it is only supposed to be rimfire. I told him let's get out of this field as we were walking my son said he saw orange. I pulled up my binoculars and there were two guys they saw me looking and stopped for a minute then proceeded toward the woods. Here is the spooky part we were standing at about 11 o' clock the place the guys went in the woods was our direction about 1 o' clock. So I am assuming that whatever they shot was in our direction. We got out of the corn field quickly and began walking the road. (The gate was closed) so we just stayed to the road. Had a blast saw a big flock of turkey no other animals but got in 4.66 miles this evening and none of it was on a dreadmill!

Attachments

• IMG_20230131_174827053.jpg
    IMG_20230131_174827053.jpg
    277.7 KB · Views: 14

Hillbilly stalker

^^^ Yep, and that's why I wear a orange cap all year long on WMA except for turkey season. I don't have any problems killing game. You cannot count on other hunters being safe or knowing the regs.

sprewett

^^^ Yep, and that's why I wear a orange cap all year long on WMA except for turkey season. I don't have any problems killing game. You cannot count on other hunters being safe or knowing the regs.
@Hillbilly stalker yes sir, I told my son when he asked should we wear orange. I told him on public land we are wearing it. Unfortunately, in this circumstance it didn't matter but praise the Lord we weren't shot.

Latest posts