American Pie

Yeah, Yeah, I already know I'm old....so sue me!! Most of the older folks here know the song and the basic meaning behind the lyrics, the deaths of 3 very talented musicians in a tragic plane crash. Buddy Holly, Richie Valens and the Big Bopper all died in the crash of a small plane on a frigid February night. Waylon Jennings was supposed to be on that plane, but gave his seat to the Big Bopper.

This is a really good video with a great pictorial history of those people involved... Enjoy (or sue me...lol :bounce:)

<iframe width="1152" height="648" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Shug

So does this one

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Redbow

According to a video on youtube Tommy Allsup the lead guitar player for the Crickets was suppose to also go on the ill fated flight with Buddy Holly..But Richie Valens talked Tommy into flipping for his seat on the plane at the last minute. Valens won and the rest is history..When Buddy Holly found out that Waylon Jennings wasn't going on the flight he told Jennings well, I hope your old bus freezes up. Jennings told Holly well I hope your old plane crashes. That statement by Jennings haunted the man for the rest of his life..And according to the internet the pilot who flew that ill fated flight Roger Peterson was trained by the same flight instructor that trained singer Jim Reeves who also died in a plane crash..Of course Peterson also died in the crash..You can watch the video on youtube Jennings and Allsup talk about what really happened the night of the tragic flight, its kinda long but good..