Ammo Availability - UPDATES

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlipKing

Academy in WR had 5.56, 7.62, 6.5cm, 6.5grendel, .270, 12ga, 20ga today as of 4pm. They had a good bit of 5.56 ans 7.62x51 and 39. The 6.5 and .270 was going quick.

zedex

Gator Bait
The good ole days for around here.......

The shortage yall are going through serves as a wakeup call for me.

Aside from getting ammo every week, I started something new...... reloading. To be honest, I dont shoot a lot. Always been a one shot, one kill person. But, to get ahead of the impending shortage here, I buy factory ammo and started buying reloading gear, first with primers, bullets and cases.

Today, I grabbed a press, deprimer and priming tools. Next week will be the dies and small stuff.

Looking for bullet molds next. Need for 270win, 45-70 and 303BRIT. Have 2 cases of 7.62x39 and thousands of rounds of 22lr already.

Rich M

Z - glad you have a head start on possible future supply issues. I find reloading fun.

We are used to about $30 us per pound for powder.

I just paid $140 for 4# w shipping and haz mat fee. We just had some powders become available but sold out quickly.

The cabelas ammo shelf pics tell me the US shortage is manufactured and not what they say it is. Thank you for posting.

Jester896

Senior Clown
@zedex I would buy that IMR 4320 that throws it closer to what powder is here...$54.99 C is $43.42 US....IMR4320 has been discontinued and is good in a few...223...22-250 and a couple more if your loading those

rosewood

Reactions: Dub

chuckdog

Last weekend I bought 4lbs of W572 at a local Mom & Pop for $64 and change.

They don't have the greatest selection, but I don't think I saw anything close to $40/lb.

I picked up H4895 @ $27 and IMR4064 @ $30 at another shop a couple of weeks back.

Ain't any need for gun control, if you can't feed them.

I'm so sick of all this. Making it difficult to post my feelings without violating language protocol!

zedex

Gator Bait
Canadian dollars?

Yes, Canadian dollars.

Part of the difference in price is due to currency exchange. We are about 30 cents apart. With currency exchange rates, your 70 cents is our dollar.

After that, factor in import tax (duties) 12.5%, environmental fees, and Trudeau tax.

I'm sure there are a number special taxes imposed because it's firearms related products, too. We also pay more than the 30 cent difference on everything

zedex

Gator Bait
@zedex I would buy that IMR 4320 that throws it closer to what powder is here...$54.99 C is $43.42 US....IMR4320 has been discontinued and is good in a few...223...22-250 and a couple more if your loading those

The only small rifles I have are 22s. I'm setting up to reload 270win, 303BRIT and 45-70. Even then, I most likely won't do much of it. Its more of a backup plan. As long as ammo is on the shelf at appropriate price, I'll use factory loads. Reloading has never been an intrest nor desire.

rosewood

There shouldn't be any import duties on the IMR powder.

rosewood

Shouldn't be. But Canada is the king of taxation. Comparatively, we pay more taxes than England, partly because we pay taxes to England
Sounds like yall need to rebel. We can give you a hand if you like.

georgia_home

Saw this offering on another site.

The latest rage: revival of nickel and dime bags.

Nickel bags: 5 cnt
9mm $10
45 $15
22lr $2.50
223/556 $10

Dime bags: 10 cnt
9mm $19
45 $28
22lr $4.50
223/556 $19

not offering, just posting recent prices

Status