Ammo Prices Going Up.

zedex

Gator Bait
More price increases blamed on covid.
I would have more respect for those who increased their prices if they simply said they need more money.
Everything is blamed on covid...... from increased costs of goods to unrealistically slow services

StriperrHunterr

More price increases blamed on covid.
I would have more respect for those who increased their prices if they simply said they need more money.
Everything is blamed on covid...... from increased costs of goods to unrealistically slow services
It has been the scapegoat for many a failed customer service interactions I've had with companies in the last year.

zedex

Gator Bait
^^^yep. A few days ago, I bought what was supposed to be a precooked chicken at the grocery store. Got it home and it was a chunk of overcooked ham in the wrong packaging.
Took it back to store and the manager tried to blame covid. I lost it on him and told him covid had nothing to do with it but that he hired a boatload of nonEnglish speaking Syrians was to blame and nothing else.

StriperrHunterr

^^^yep. A few days ago, I bought what was supposed to be a precooked chicken at the grocery store. Got it home and it was a chunk of overcooked ham in the wrong packaging.
Took it back to store and the manager tried to blame covid. I lost it on him and told him covid had nothing to do with it but that he hired a boatload of nonEnglish speaking Syrians was to blame and nothing else.
We were feeling really lazy a few weeks ago and decided to DoorDash McDonald's. We get the order, having got combos because they're cheaper, to find that the bottom of the bag is 1/2" deep with one of the sodas. They had put them in a carrier in the bag and then taped the bag closed. I called up to tell them they ruined our food and, you guessed it, "We have to do that because of COVID."

Nevermind that my wife's sandwich had a literal half gallon of mayo on it and we were missing an order of fries. COVID isn't a root cause for idiocy and stupidity.

zedex

Gator Bait
We were feeling really lazy a few weeks ago and decided to DoorDash McDonald's. We get the order, having got combos because they're cheaper, to find that the bottom of the bag is 1/2" deep with one of the sodas. They had put them in a carrier in the bag and then taped the bag closed. I called up to tell them they ruined our food and, you guessed it, "We have to do that because of COVID."

Nevermind that my wife's sandwich had a literal half gallon of mayo on it and we were missing an order of fries. COVID isn't a root cause for idiocy and stupidity.

I absolutely will not use door dash or any delivery service like that around here. Most are imports who hate north America and the people....Syrian muslims......no way I would trust them with my food. Especially when there are 4 or 5 of them crammed in a car together.
Even pizza delivery... nope. Our Domino's place has a red headed boy who hates Americans. My accent is obvious. I go there and order the pizza and watch it get made

StriperrHunterr

I absolutely will not use door dash or any delivery service like that around here. Most are imports who hate north America and the people....Syrian muslims......no way I would trust them with my food. Especially when there are 4 or 5 of them crammed in a car together.
Even pizza delivery... nope. Our Domino's place has a red headed boy who hates Americans. My accent is obvious. I go there and order the pizza and watch it get made
Thankfully our drivers and staff are better than that. The staff at the shop could use a few more IQ points, but I don't worry about the safety of my food.

ucfireman

A 3-15% increase will translate to 50-100% at the retailers.
Honestly I would pay the increased prices if the stuff was reliably on the shelves.
The 3-15% anyway.

A year is plenty of time for things to get back to normal. Its time to stop blaming the covid crap and just live.

Maybe its time to go overseas for ammo manufacturers and take advantage of the cheap labor everyone keeps talking about. American labor is getting expensive and getting more expensive.

Fletch_W

Banned

I bet you're a lot of fun at parties.

zedex

Gator Bait
Plenty of cheaper ammo available in Canada. But they won't sell it to us.
We get the ammo from the same distributors as in the states.

I truly believe that the ammo was deliberately directed out of the US because of the election. Our shelves were pretty bare at the beginning of the year but by late September, we had so much ammo just dumped on us. Ammo that was difficult to get was suddenly in excess. Ammo never before available showed up.

Getting ammo back to the states involves so much paperwork and waiting periods. Doesn't make a lot of sense since it came from the US to begin with

Fletch_W

Banned
???meaning???

It seems an odd thing to "lose it" over. Low wage people make mistakes. That's why they are low wage. Managers #1 job is to put out fires and make excuses. Also, how did you figure the ham was overcooked? What was your method of establishing doneness? Which grocery store was this?

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Plenty of cheaper ammo available in Canada. But they won't sell it to us.
Imagine how much higher ammo prices will be under Biden.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Glad that I stocked up . Have about a 5 year supply.
Not hard to do when you never shoot.

How hard do you think ammo will be to get over the next 4 years under Biden?

Like 22 ammo under Obama?

You should share that ammo with folks that weren’t able to hoard it.

Especially since you voted for Biden. Help your GON brothers and sisters out.

Last edited:

zedex

Gator Bait
It seems an odd thing to "lose it" over. Low wage people make mistakes. That's why they are low wage. Managers #1 job is to put out fires and make excuses. Also, how did you figure the ham was overcooked? What was your method of establishing doneness? Which grocery store was this?
How do I figure it was overcooked?? Well, the start with, it was black. And crispy looking. And shrunk up. And it emitted the very and unmistakable scent of burned food.
My method of establishing the amount of doneness was a complicated series of physical tests.
Does it look done? Yes
Does it have a soft, yet firm texture? No-- it was very hard
Did it have a slight pink to whitish coloration? No-- it was black
Did it smell like meat?? No-- it smelled of burned wood.
Did it taste like ham?? No-- did not attempt to taste
Why didnt I attempt to taste??
First, I established that the packing clearly stated "rotisserie chicken" but, due to lack of legs, wings and breast, it was clear this was not, in fact, chicken.
Second, it was not readily apparent what this piece of meat was
Third, it stank like it was pulled out of a burning building
Fourth, no. Just plain "NO"

While it may seemingly appear this was a simple thing to lose it over, I assure you that I was quite justified.
If these people cannot read, write or speak English, they have no place working with food. Their carelessness can cause severe allergic reactions or death.
But, more often they cannot properly handle or package goods. This causes inconvenience to customers.
I live a few miles away from this store. It was pouring rain. And cold out.
I had to go back to the store to correct this problem-- a problem created by an illiterate person, only to deal with a manager who thought throwing "covid" into the discussion would get a free pass.
You explain to me how covid caused a non-English speaking person to burn, then improperly label food.
The store was Save-On, since you asked