And now for a word on coaches knowing their personnel better than us armchairs.

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
Yeah right, post pages rubbing the losing teams nose in it that’s cool but mention mutt history and its a knee jerk and your a hater.

I enjoy the good natured ribbing of football season. It’s laughs and a distraction we all need. I don’t live my life vicariously through a school, especially one I didn’t graduate from. It’s football, I like it, but the world will go on if Bama loses and when Nic retires.

Further, Nic and Kirby spent years together. Have a close personal and professional relationship. Their job is to build a program to defeat the other guy. They both do a good job of that. This video shows what I’m talking about. Shame some folks don’t get it.

I beg you pardon. I don't say anything about the losing opponent.:huh: I will congratulate the Dawgs. And cheer them on till the day I die.

formula1

Daily Bible Verse Organizer
The fact is JT has an injury that can’t be rushed back into action.
The fact is Beck is not yet ready for the SEC and the 4th guy is leading the scout team.

So there is 1 option left: Bennett

Personally, I think the coaches know what they are doing given the circumstances. I’m enjoying this one-of-a-kind season. Perhaps we all should!

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
UGA is somewhere in the neighborhood of #10 in almost any category related to wins as a power 5 program. UGA is sandwiched between three teams which have managed multiple nattys since 1980 and even GT has one since then. This is not counting Florida. UGA has more money and resources than 2 of those and is close to the other. UGA is the flagship program in a state that produces as many NFL players as any in the country save a couple. There is no reason that UGA should not be competing for a national title more than once every 40 years. No, it ain't easy...you gotta have some breaks if you ain't Alabama who wins titles simply by being in the title game as often as possible. UGA ain't Alabama.....but we have a winning record against every one of our rivals who have won a natty since 1980 with the exception of Alabama and LSU.

LSU, Auburn and UT have won titles since 1980 and do not have the resources UGA has. Auburn and LSU have won a couple. It is not unrealistic that UGA should be in the hunt every 5-8 years. Currently we are in the hunt. somewhat, almost every year. That is where UGA should be.
I stand by what I said, because it has proven itself to be true. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see us win another championship, but I have to be realistic. This year looks pretty good so we'll see if we catch a few breaks that every national championship team seems to catch.

GTMODawg

BANNED
The fact is JT has an injury that can’t be rushed back into action.
The fact is Beck is not yet ready for the SEC and the 4th guy is leading the scout team.

So there is 1 option left: Bennett

Personally, I think the coaches know what they are doing given the circumstances. I’m enjoying this one-of-a-kind season. Perhaps we all should!

All true...and the fourth guy running the scout team may well keep him satisfied and engaged. There is some evidence Beck is neither.....rumor has it that he was taken to task in a big way for his reaction to his interception against UAB. I was at the game and didn't see it but apparently he didn't even bother to make any pretense about trying to make a tackle.

I am 100% confident that Smart and Monken know what they are doing and Bennett is the best option. Having BVG run the scout team is brilliant in that it is empowering and allows him a lot of time against our defense. Beck not being ready to play at or better than Bennett is disturbing. He has either not been developed or can't be developed....either way that is a swing and a miss by Smart and company....and I would bet they aint happy with it.