Another hunter in the woods

LOVEMYLABXS

Yes it's Washington state and yes sir the heart rate went up but the funny part is the "What ifs" never really entered my old mind till I was walkin out then my head was on a swivel lookin this way then that. I will say when I saw it coming I did lay the Hawkins in my lap close at hand as I took the shot with the Kodak. No it wasn't tracking me but I did have an elk hunt many years ago when I came across my tracks from earlier in the day and had a cat track following me now that will bring the hair up on the back of your neck. I killed a cow elk that day and I was by myself and from the time I got her till I got her 1/4rd, packed and back to my truck ( got lucky and got my truck within a 1/2 mile of the site ) it only took me about 3 hrs but I was a lot younger and had a good reason to hurry I wasn't sharing with that cat...

I've been asked why I didn't shoot it?.. well mostly it was because I didn't have a tag and there is no way I would have shot her to let her rot. I couldn't afford to get the hide tanned plus you need a seal put on the hide and any resecptably taxi- person wouldn't touch it without it. To me the picture is a much better trophy and I don't have to look over my shoulder to see iffin I'll get caught......

By the way I've eaten cat and they taste and look a lot like pork just not as much fat....

Reactions: Dub

LOVEMYLABXS

Do you think it was following you?

No it came from in front of me and to be honest I'm not sure which one of us was more startled me or her:huh: I was sure surprised she walked right into me but the look on her face when that camera clicked said she couldn't believe I was there facepalm::biggrin2:

carver

Fine capture Mike

BornToHuntAndFish

Another great job on photo captures Mike, as usual, in the Great Northwest. Had a blast with your hunting story adventures too. Sure would get the heart rate up with intense risky close encounters like that.

Reminds me of your report last year or 2 ago when your wife came home late one night after work to find a cougar chomping on your deer you were going to process the following cold day you had stored in your tractor's bucket that was raised to it's highest level.

Folks down here in Georgia would've said that big cat was black, too.:bounce:

Thanks for posting.

:D

papachaz

great pics! what's the new dinosaur animated movie that's just come out? the trailer for it where the 3 small ones say 'careful they can smell fear" and the other says 'sorry, that's not fear' and "I think I just stepped in some fear"

that came to mind immediately! LOL great pics though.

Have a friend who used to go out to Idaho every year and hunt who shot one. The guide they were with said it apparently was stalking him as he made his way back down to camp.......yeah, I think I might step in some fear all right

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
Wow. That is awesome. She's beautiful.

Dixiesimpleman32

GONetwork Member
Great pic.congrads

Gadget

Walked up on a couple down in the everglades where I hunt, they don't seem to be too afraid of ppl, don't get hunted there.

Dr. Strangelove

Nice kitty.

That's an awesome pic, I've never seen one that close in the wild.

oldfella1962

Getting that close to a cougar is incredibly lucky - and getting a pic is even better. Awesome!

pdsniper

Thats a onece in a life time shot, I had the same thing happent to me with a Florida Panther but I blew it and did not think to take a picture, I was just to awed in seening one because they are so rare

rip18

Awesome! Absolutely awesome! Thanks for sharing, LMLXS!