Another one for the jaw experts

Dupree

I’m going to send front teeth off to be more accurate, but based on the jaws, what y’all think? C3B4AF2C-3EE6-4F49-9952-9734E8CF7CE7.jpeg9F84313F-DBCE-4319-A688-7ADF2FCDB8B2.jpegB52BB52F-6AA4-424B-8B7B-D5846932CE38.jpegD7D9222D-C085-4F3F-A485-B84D87B90457.jpeg

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Alabama buck?

Wanderlust

Without seeing the deer I would guess 2. The first molar with all the wear I would guess it has not been replaced with the adult tooth yet. The back two molars show very little wear.

Dupree

Without seeing the deer I would guess 2. The first molar with all the wear I would guess it has not been replaced with the adult tooth yet. The back two molars show very little wear.
If he was 2 I killed the future world record.

buckpasser

I’d agree. 5.5 plus, with a definite 4.5 or older guarantee assuming your deer teeth wear similar to my area.

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Guessing 4 to 5.5, a lot depends on their diet and soil content (sandy, rocky, clay, etc.)

The Alabama comment was purely in jest

C.Killmaster

Georgia Deer Biologist
What do you think @C.Killmaster ?

I'm not doubting you, but it almost looks like that jawbone doesn't go to that deer. The 1st molar looks strange, like it's wearing at a different rate than the other teeth. The buck is obviously mature from the pictures, but the jaw doesn't reflect that. It's like he chewed all his food with his premolars rather than molars. I won't even venture a guess off the jaw, cementum annuli is your best bet for sure. Looking at the deer itself, probably 4.5+ especially if he exceeded 175 lbs. Cool buck!

Dupree

I'm not doubting you, but it almost looks like that jawbone doesn't go to that deer. The 1st molar looks strange, like it's wearing at a different rate than the other teeth. The buck is obviously mature from the pictures, but the jaw doesn't reflect that. It's like he chewed all his food with his premolars rather than molars. I won't even venture a guess off the jaw, cementum annuli is your best bet for sure. Looking at the deer itself, probably 4.5+ especially if he exceeded 175 lbs. Cool buck!
I didn’t weigh him, but I put 90 pounds of deboned meat in the freezer. I honestly thought he was 4 when I shot him, but his body size and antler mass made me question it. I promise, the jaw I posted pics of is from the dead deer pictured