Another sad case

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
I don't deny your experience, I deny your source. It could, according to the Argument from Ignorance, have been from one of the other 9,999 gods just messing with you..lets not count the debbil and another 9,999 "bad" gods.

Who needs proof when everything is true???
Look I get what you’re saying. I’m sure it doesn’t make sense and therefore I’m ok if you deny my source. Your denial is moot for me in order to practice or to keep believing.

If one of the others are messing with me, they’re doing it pretty consistently.

All I’m saying to you is that you can’t argue that my lack of evidence is your proof and then tell me that my proof can’t rely on your lack of evidence......I believe that’s where it gets hypocritical.

You should understand clearly, my proof is not even dependent on you.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Look I get what you’re saying. I’m sure it doesn’t make sense and therefore I’m ok if you deny my source. Your denial is moot for me in order to practice or to keep believing.

All I’m saying to you is that you can’t argue that my lack of evidence is your proof and then tell me that my proof can’t rely on your lack of evidence......I believe that’s where it gets hypocritical.

You should understand clearly, my proof is not even dependent on you.
That is fitting because proof depends on your evidence.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
I am in no way suggesting that you need me in any of this. But when you tell me that something IS, I expect you to be able to prove it. Once you make that claim it is not up to me to do anything but sit back and verify.

Israel

BANNED
Then answer Yes or No.
Do other Gods exist?
For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)

But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
I am in no way suggesting that you need me in any of this. But when you tell me that something IS, I expect you to be able to prove it. Once you make that claim it is not up to me to do anything but sit back and verify.
And I expect the same in return. If you’re positive it isn’t.....I expect more than the quarter landing on heads 49 out of 50 times.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)

But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.
Yeah, stand by himheone who idly be standing by when it counts...we be know.

Last edited:

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
And I expect the same in return. If you’re positive it isn’t.....I expect more than the quarter landing on heads 49 out of 50 times.
No evidence for equals evidence against. It really is that simple.

I'm accepting investors for the Yaweh Motors Flying Spaghetti Monster edition 2500 with Flux Capacitor.
$1000/share. 10 share minimum.
Unless you are skeptical and can prove YM does not exist...

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
They ARE gods with capabilities beyond our own and interact with people according to multiple sources in here..

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
No evidence for equals evidence against. It really is that simple.

I'm accepting investors for the Yaweh Motors Flying Spaghetti Monster edition 2500 with Flux Capacitor.
$1000/share. 10 share minimum.
Unless you are skeptical and can prove YM does not exist...
I will just take your word for it until I want one :cheers:

Until then, I am neither skeptical nor interested.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
They ARE gods with capabilities beyond our own and interact with people according to multiple sources in here..
I’m sure a cow has capabilities to walk through fences way beyond my own.

Brother David

Just a little imput , Even those who don't believe in God have Faith . Your Faith is that God's a myth . If you're right when I breathe my last breath , I will slip away to nothing . If I am right , I will be present with God . Either way , I know that those attending my funeral will be able to say that I changed my life and became a person that put others ahead of myself .

WaltL1

Just a little imput , Even those who don't believe in God have Faith . Your Faith is that God's a myth . If you're right when I breathe my last breath , I will slip away to nothing . If I am right , I will be present with God . Either way , I know that those attending my funeral will be able to say that I changed my life and became a person that put others ahead of myself .
If belief in God changed your life for the better that's a good thing.
As for us having "faith" that God is a myth... you've got that a bit twisted.
1. A god, particularly a specific one, has not been proven to exist.
That means as of right now gods/God are a "myth/belief".
There is no faith required, that's just a simple fact.

ambush80

Would you call your belief that when you sit down on a chair that it will support you faith based? How about when you let go of a rock from some height? Do you have faith that it will fall down? When The Astronauts of the Challenger space shuttle boarded, did they have faith that the shuttle would remain intact? Do people buy a lottery ticket have faith that this one is a winner? If all those things are matters of faith, then might be different kinds of faith. What makes then different? What are they based on? Just thinking aloud, along with you.

Brother David

Do you men who believe theirs no God believe or hope theirs no God . If you believe you have Faith . If you hope ask yourself why .

ambush80

Do you men who believe theirs no God believe or hope theirs no God . If you believe you have Faith . If you hope ask yourself why .

I don't want to couch my faith in a "numbers game" because it's not just "A God" or "No God". There's 10s of thousands of Gods to choose from. I can't hedge my bets. I operate from the baseline that there are no Gods because there doesn't appear to be any. That's where the different kinds of "faiths" I described above come into play. I can rule out some specific ones, the major players, because of the kooky texts where they're described. "Seven heads"...not likely. "Rose from the dead"......Not likely either. "An Unfathomable First Mover"....Maybe.

ambush80

I hope that if God exists that He's is less like the Abrahamic texts describe Him. If He's like that, then in my opinion He doesn't deserve my worship.