Any advice?

ErikGibb

Headed to the lake hopefully this weekend? Anyone know the depth the crappie are in? Thanks

BoosterC

On Wed in Fayette county I saw several stacks of fish on sonar starting on the bottom at 14-12 ft suspended up to 8 ft that were probably crappie. I was targeting bass so I didn't try to catch any of these fish.

Dupree

Headed to the lake hopefully this weekend? Anyone know the depth the crappie are in? Thanks
I caught a big one on a chatterbait while bass fishing Tuesday that was in 8’ of water. Water temp was 76*

Old Yapper

On Wed in Fayette county I saw several stacks of fish on sonar starting on the bottom at 14-12 ft suspended up to 8 ft that were probably crappie. I was targeting bass so I didn't try to catch any of these fish.
Was that in Lake Horton by any chance..?
(I've been wanting to give that lake a shot)

sasmojoe

If the lake you’re fishing has docks, that’s where I would start. Been catching on docks at Lanier.

crackerdave

Find the bait,find the crappie.
They are feeding voraciously after spawning.Night fishing under a bridge should be good right now.

Old Yapper

No. McIntosh. But it is closed this weekend for the airshow.
Sir..
I pulled up, on google, the info on this Lake McIntosh pond. Looks like something I need to check out
Before I do the drive, can you answer a couple of questions for me, please.
#1 I have a 15 foot jon boat rigged for electric and all that. I have a 6hp Tohatsu on it too. If I leave the gasoline can, fuel line at home and tilt the Tohatsu motor up so it doesn't hit the water, will they let me put in? (I don't want to remove the 6Hp if I don't have to...it weighs about 60 pounds and I am old and weak)
#2 That looks like a pretty good sized parking lot there at the ramp. I will only be fishing during the week. Does it have plenty of space for vehicles and trailers?
Thank you very much for tipping me off about this pond.(y)
Old Yapper.

Whitefeather

Management Material
Sir..
I pulled up, on google, the info on this Lake McIntosh pond. Looks like something I need to check out
Before I do the drive, can you answer a couple of questions for me, please.
#1 I have a 15 foot jon boat rigged for electric and all that. I have a 6hp Tohatsu on it too. If I leave the gasoline can, fuel line at home and tilt the Tohatsu motor up so it doesn't hit the water, will they let me put in? (I don't want to remove the 6Hp if I don't have to...it weighs about 60 pounds and I am old and weak)
#2 That looks like a pretty good sized parking lot there at the ramp. I will only be fishing during the week. Does it have plenty of space for vehicles and trailers?
Thank you very much for tipping me off about this pond.(y)
Old Yapper.
#1 yes. Gas motors can be on the boat but can’t be used
#2 yes.
Bring $10 for the user fee if you’re not a Fayette County resident.
There are some serious crappie in that lake. I have a buddy that catches 2.5+ lbs fish every year. I think he has caught a couple 3 over lbs.
Make sure everything on your boat is functioning like fire extinguisher and life vests, trailer lights etc. You will get checked.

Old Yapper

Thank UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.(y)(y)
I will be sure to "cross the T's" and "dot the I's". I'm not looking for trouble.
(I have a great fear of having a good fishing plan shot to pieces due to hassles from LEO's, government big shots, and all those types.)
Learned a long time ago that "you might beat the rap, but you won't beat the ride" when dealing with badge & gun types.
I appreciate the info.

Old Yapper

Last edited:

Old Yapper

To Booster C...….
I want to really thank you again for telling me about that GoogleEarthPro thing on the web.
I downloaded it last night and I was like a kid with a new toy. Stayed up until 4AM playing with that thing and getting familiar with it. I had no idea such a thing even existed.
I was exhausted and finally went to bed.
Then ended up falling sound asleep in the pew at church service this morning.
Now...I'm going to take a nap.
Regards,(y)
The Old Yapper