Lake Sinclair Crappie

af4evr13

Hello All. I am still working to catch the allusive crappie. For whatever reason I have struggled to catch them. I have researched and received quite a bit of information and have tried numerous things. I find them on my depth finder quite often over piles, in cove entrances etc. I have used minnows, plastic jigs, etc and still I am not having any luck.
Planning to go to Sinclair tomorrow as this weekend is projected to be an excellent weekend and the weather is looking good.
Any advice on good spots and what I might be doing wrong would be greatly appreciated.
thank you!

Fullnet2

Hello All. I am still working to catch the allusive crappie. For whatever reason I have struggled to catch them. I have researched and received quite a bit of information and have tried numerous things. I find them on my depth finder quite often over piles, in cove entrances etc. I have used minnows, plastic jigs, etc and still I am not having any luck.
Planning to go to Sinclair tomorrow as this weekend is projected to be an excellent weekend and the weather is looking good.
Any advice on good spots and what I might be doing wrong would be greatly appreciated.
thank you!
If you’re really interested in catching crappie, learn to shoot docks. This method works well from the end of September until mid June.
There’s plenty of information online but I’ll give you just a bit. First, watch Brandon Lester on you tube. Also, start with a 6 to 61/2 foot rod, a decent medium size spinning reel and some chartreuse 4# line paired with a 1/32 jig head and a Bobby Garland monkey milk and a few other colors. Good luck fishing.