Any Love for S & W 27?

Michael F Sights

Just got my new S & W 27 with 4" barrel, Might be my best revolver purchase ever! Only shot out to 25 yards, but mighty impressed with it. Just using 38 Special ammo till I can get some 357, Targets below are 7 & 10 yards offhand at 3" Bull.

Anyone else have this fine weapon?

Attachments

• 27.jpg
    27.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 277Yards.jpg
    277Yards.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 2710Yards.jpg
    2710Yards.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 12

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
I had one-of-500 mod.627 With round butt, heavy underlug and unfluted cylinder, 5 1/2" barrel that was magic.
Unfortunately it was stolen decades ago and I replaced it with a nearly same one-of-500 mod. 657 41 magnum with a 6 1/2" inch barrel.
Wouldn't ever part with either of them willingly.
(y)

Anvil Head

I have a Combat Masterpiece in .357 and a matching model 17 in .22. Matched up in size, weight and trigger pull so practice with the 17 most the time to keep Q'd in. Both are very fine shooters and game getters.

Lonegle57

Been using handguns to hunt with for decades. Have had colts and smith's in 357. The 27 is a work of art in my eyes. Although I prefer the 41 mag. a "franken" 27 as well as it's plainer brother customized (the 28) reside in my herd. Plan to run some lead through them when the weather gets a little nicer.

Bobby Bigtime

I have taken a slew of game with 27s and 28s as well as pythons. The N frame smiths are tough to beat the fit and finish of the 27s are what makes them special. No, they are not a python in terms of smoothness and balance but the full size Smith has the edge in durability and accuracy is comparable.you have a nice piece there! The four inch is my favorite.the Blackhawk GQC size 03 is a wonderful holster for your new love.