Any Nightforce or Trijicon users around?

I have two SHVs. They have zeroset. It’s basically the same as zerostop, just uses a different mechanism to achieve it.
Same here, once I called NF and learned how it works, and how to set it, I love it.
like previously said, it’s probably not the lightweight option you are looking for, but it’s a **** good scope. I’d say worth the few extra ounces.

FlipKing

I found a great deal on a VX6 for $1100 and jumped on it. A SHV or NXS was very high on my list though. May still go that route next scope I need.

FlipKing

For higher end Leupolds I like the VX5's the best.

I think Vx5s are the best value for sure. If I didn't get a vx6 for a vx5 price I would have gone VX5 if not NF.

Nimrod71

My cousin Jethro finally got around to shooting his new rifle. He had his brother-in-law tune it up and get it sighted it in for him. It's a custom built 6.5 / 300 Win Mag. with VX5 Leupold 7 - 35. We couldn't believe it when he hit the 10 in. plate at 850 yds.

FlipKing

Not sure what you mean by short to mid range?

To me short range is less than 100 yards and mid range is 300 yards.

If it was me and those ranges, I would put this on there:

Amazon.com : Swarovski Optik Z3 3-10 x 42 BRH Reticle : Rifle Scopes : Sports & Outdoors

The 10X magnification is enough for 300 yards, but if you want to shoot farther out you can use the reticle to do so.

Probably 500 and under. With 300 and under being more expected. I ended up finding a good deal on a VX6hd 2-12x42 and going that route. Only reason I wasn't leaning Swavorski or Zeiss as much is alot of those are 1" tubes and I prefer 30mm.