Any of yalls HS baseball teams still in the Playoffs?

HIGH COUNTRY

I almost waited for the coach. You dont say inappropriate things directly to the kids on the field. There will be a formal complaint to GHSA and NCC.

As far as my after the fact comment about the kids, just an observation. Some teams down here do it. different level of infraction.

I get five yards penalty, your coach - Well...

Go whoever in the heck plays NCC next.

Hey I dont hate the privates even with their unfair practices, both my grandkids will be going to St Pius - just hope they have a higher set of values.

ATLFalconsfan80

man you salty :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: ... you said you almost waited for the coach...but you didnt... you got in the vehicle and went home and then got online to voice your displeasure..

you the same guy who cried last year about Private schools in baseball on another thread correct?? So deep down you knew the outcome was going to be, you hoped for a different one, but you knew and history repeated itself.

Go ahead and file your complaint, should be an amazing email seeing how well you articulate your displeasure online..

HIGH COUNTRY

I deal with people and people issues every day in my profession. I can handle conflict with the best.

I was not the only one that was appalled at "your" Coach, just glad I didnt hear it directly.

Yes it is deep rooted, goes back to my son thirty years ago and final four in tennis twice...

Well, the "crying" and the lobbying by myself and many others with Ga legislature among others over the years, finally got GHSA to see the light.

Guess we will have to just agree that we disagree on this one. Sounds like you are the one taking it personally ie "crying"'...

Im out of here, I have people issues to deal with.

ATLFalconsfan80

I deal with people and people issues every day in my profession. I can handle conflict with the best.

I was not the only one that was appalled at "your" Coach, just glad I didnt hear it directly.

Yes it is deep rooted, goes back to my son thirty years ago and final four in tennis twice...

Well, the "crying" and the lobbying by myself and many others with Ga legislature among others over the years, finally got GHSA to see the light.

Guess we will have to just agree that we disagree on this one. Sounds like you are the one taking it personally ie "crying"'...

Im out of here, I have people issues to deal with.

yeah...you have issues with yourself you need to focus on.. be blessed my guy!!

Oldstick

I would like to calm down the heat a little bit. Yes, I saw many instances of minor unsportsmanlike stuff on both sides of the fans last week. Mostly towards the umps as usual. Been there and guilty myself in past years when I had kids playing. It always gets heated when the parents/grandparents are allowed into stands.

However, I think we are being a little harsh towards High Country. I understand exactly what he is thinking about the school competition. We are talking about kids going to school. They all have to go to school. Majority of kids in GA either cannot afford or do they do not have any choices of a private school nearby. Their parents have slaved hard and paid more than their fair share of taxes so they are allowed to send their kids to the local public school if they so choose. The kids also have the choice to try out for their schools teams. Again, most are not semi-pro athletes in training, they are just kids attending school as required.

So there is definitely a bias now in the GHSA rules that favors private schools that can recruit students and athletes across county lines from a highly populated area, yet still remain in a smaller school classification for competition in athletics.

I think the rules need to change so they factor in more of what the student body home address areas are vs. simply the total students in determining what classification they have to play in. That is if they continue on this path. If not, eventually we are going to see the Atlanta Braves Farm Training and Finishing School, student body 100, competing in the GHSA Class A, for example in baseball.

ATLFalconsfan80

I would like to calm down the heat a little bit. Yes, I saw many instances of minor unsportsmanlike stuff on both sides of the fans last week. Mostly towards the umps as usual. Been there and guilty myself in past years when I had kids playing. It always gets heated when the parents/grandparents are allowed into stands.

However, I think we are being a little harsh towards High Country. I understand exactly what he is thinking about the school competition. We are talking about kids going to school. They all have to go to school. Majority of kids in GA either cannot afford or do they do not have any choices of a private school nearby. Their parents have slaved hard and paid more than their fair share of taxes so they are allowed to send their kids to the local public school if they so choose. The kids also have the choice to try out for their schools teams. Again, most are not semi-pro athletes in training, they are just kids attending school as required.

So there is definitely a bias now in the GHSA rules that favors private schools that can recruit students and athletes across county lines from a highly populated area, yet still remain in a smaller school classification for competition in athletics.

I think the rules need to change so they factor in more of what the student body home address areas are vs. simply the total students in determining what classification they have to play in. That is if they continue on this path. If not, eventually we are going to see the Atlanta Braves Farm Training and Finishing School, student body 100, competing in the GHSA Class A, for example in baseball.

Man he made a statement this time and last year about us and Mt Paran.. he can stand on it…can’t get all in a tizzy just cause someone else speaks their mind about the situation…I work 2 jobs to put my son there..I’m not gonna cower back and apologize for putting him in a place that helps his success…academically or with sports…

Just my .02

Oldstick

Man he made a statement this time and last year about us and Mt Paran.. he can stand on it…can’t get all in a tizzy just cause someone else speaks their mind about the situation…I work 2 jobs to put my son there..I’m not gonna cower back and apologize for putting him in a place that helps his success…academically or with sports…

Just my .02
Nor should you apologize for that and I wouldn't either in your shoes. Just trying to inject a little real world experience from past years with my kids in school sports. A team won and a team lost. Nothing further said by the parents will ever change that. The future only depends on what the kids decide to do after they graduate from school.

ATLFalconsfan80

100% agreed…very well put…thank you

The NCCS baseball team is loaded with talent..no doubt…but I know for certain they do not give out scholarships. On Max Preps they are ranked 18th in the nation..and that’s against all A brackets…they are loaded with talent…

Buford_Dawg

Brookwood beat Buford in the 3rd game. Actually went up and watched, first game I have seen this year. Exciting game and as far as I could tell, both teams acted normal, no arguments, etc.... Large crowd as would be expected.

killerv

Unfortunately, the obnoxious behavior happens everywhere in all sports today. My 2 sons played HS baseball so I have seen 8 years total of terrible behavior, on both sides of the field. Location of the team has absolutely nothing to do with it, south GA/north GA, it is all over the place. Kids will be Kids and unfortunately some coaches go over extreme. Many times, coaches, parents and the kids playing on the field make rash actions, verbal jabs, etc.... in the heat of the moment.
That was our experience in Columbus this past weekend. Our kids being called...lets just say "cats" from the dugout, while standing next to coaches, everyone heard it. Parents egged it on, laughed, thought it was funny. Coaches did nothing. Parents going off on our kids. They researched our players girlfriends and went off on them too. Just shows you money doesn't buy class. Was told they had cops called on them the week before it was so bad.

ATLFalconsfan80

That was our experience in Columbus this past weekend. Our kids being called...lets just say "cats" from the dugout, while standing next to coaches, everyone heard it. Parents egged it on, laughed, thought it was funny. Coaches did nothing. Parents going off on our kids. They researched our players girlfriends and went off on them too. Just shows you money doesn't buy class. Was told they had cops called on them the week before it was so bad.

What school was it?

ATLFalconsfan80

You talking about Mary Persons High School out of Forsyth?

notsob17

I watched a high school baseball game a few weeks ago against bitter in region rivals. It has been a little while since I have been to a high school game, but I was appalled by the behavior I saw from both sides. Fans going at each other, flipping one another off, players and coaches getting thrown out, players directly yelling and screaming at umpires. Not the way I grew up playing in high school, college, and beyond. It was really sad.

bnew17

Well, I am going to be brutally honest here.

North Cobb Christian arguably has the best baseball team in AA for two years in a row.

However, they were totally obnoxious. Constantly yelping and even banging on the metal fence the entire time. After they won, not exactly a respectful appearance either.

Sorry, but this would never be allowed by any South Ga baseball coach period.

To top it off, their first base coach made a direct condescending disparing comment to my grandson coming off the field during late game because he was pumped up with our having the lead. This should be investigated by CHH administrators, and he should be held accountable by CHH administrators.

Reminded me of Bevis and Butthead, all bleached long hair.

Glad the GHSA finally woke up with next years reclassication with the unlevel playing filed with the north atlanta private money, coaching and widespread recruiting (I was told by a parent forty miles out that another private school gave her son a free 35, 000 ride for four years). Statistics show most of privates students are out of geographical area to boot.

Personally, I am glad we will never see another north atlanta private playing in south ga again, the privates can beat up on each other in their affluent PRIVATE Atlanta area backyard.

Sour grapes, no sir - just calling it like it is.
I am with you on this. It is a tough row to hoe deep in the playoffs when you are in the lower classifications,,,especially being south ga. You are right, it is not fair and I am glad something is being done about it. Atl folks can defend it all they want, but everybody knows the truth.

ATLFalconsfan80

I am with you on this. It is a tough row to hoe deep in the playoffs when you are in the lower classifications,,,especially being south ga. You are right, it is not fair and I am glad something is being done about it. Atl folks can defend it all they want, but everybody knows the truth.

What’s the truth?

DSGB

I watched a high school baseball game a few weeks ago against bitter in region rivals. It has been a little while since I have been to a high school game, but I was appalled by the behavior I saw from both sides. Fans going at each other, flipping one another off, players and coaches getting thrown out, players directly yelling and screaming at umpires. Not the way I grew up playing in high school, college, and beyond. It was really sad.

It is sad, and the private schools are not immune to it.