Any of yalls HS baseball teams still in the Playoffs?

killerv

It is sad, and the private schools are not immune to it.
I've noticed that with some/certain private schools that give free rides for athletics, it brings in a certain element that would otherwise not be there. Discipline issues, etc. When you pay for something you respect it a little more.

killerv

So there is definitely a bias now in the GHSA rules that favors private schools that can recruit students and athletes across county lines from a highly populated area, yet still remain in a smaller school classification for competition in athletics.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but I thought the GHSA took that into consideration. The out of zone kid would count as "multiple kids" when doing the classification math. For example, if you have 300 kids that are in the zone, you'd be classified for the 300. If 100 of those were out of zone, they'd have a multiplier tied to them, I thought it was 2 or 3. So that would mean you'd be classified based on having 400 or 500 to help negate the out of zone recruiting private schools do.

Buford_Dawg

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but I thought the GHSA took that into consideration. The out of zone kid would count as "multiple kids" when doing the classification math. For example, if you have 300 kids that are in the zone, you'd be classified for the 300. If 100 of those were out of zone, they'd have a multiplier tied to them, I thought it was 2 or 3. So that would mean you'd be classified based on having 400 or 500 to help negate the out of zone recruiting private schools do.
That is correct... Reason Buford is now playing at highest classification with small student population. I believe the out of zone multiplier is 3 per student out of zone. https://www.georgiahighschoolfootba...the-new-classification-format-might-look-2023

Last edited:

ATLFalconsfan80

ATLFalconsfan80

Also yet to be seen is the impact of new GHSA rules defining out-of-zone students. The 3.0 multiplier is not expected to be as potent this time, meaning some city and private schools or others with high out-of-zone totals could slip back into lower classes.

thats interesting

killerv

Also yet to be seen is the impact of new GHSA rules defining out-of-zone students. The 3.0 multiplier is not expected to be as potent this time, meaning some city and private schools or others with high out-of-zone totals could slip back into lower classes.

thats interesting
I heard they would simpy adjust the "total number of students" for the different classes in order to keep these schools in lower classes. I would think that would defeat some of the purpose of the multiplier. It's all politics I guess. Above my pay grade, let the athletic directors deal with it.

ATLFalconsfan80

I heard they would simpy adjust the "total number of students" for the different classes in order to keep these schools in lower classes. I would think that would defeat some of the purpose of the multiplier. It's all politics I guess. Above my pay grade, let the athletic directors deal with it.

same here!! Its done got confusing to me

ddavis1120

This thread is just as comical as last year's thread on the subject.

If only South Georgia schools were able to recruit? Like Propst never recruited a kid at Colquitt??? I assume it goes on everywhere and we only hear about the successful coaches and of course the private schools.

I hate to tell you, but it is fixing to get A LOT worse with NIL deals for high school kids coming to fruition. Want some ringers for Jeff Davis County High, write a check and make it happen?!?

westcobbdog

This thread is just as comical as last year's thread on the subject.

If only South Georgia schools were able to recruit? Like Propst never recruited a kid at Colquitt??? I assume it goes on everywhere and we only hear about the successful coaches and of course the private schools.

I hate to tell you, but it is fixing to get A LOT worse with NIL deals for high school kids coming to fruition. Want some ringers for Jeff Davis County High, write a check and make it happen?!?
Heard of a kid at McEachern High, think he's the #2 HS hoopster in the land, heard he got a 900k NIL deal.

MudDucker

Staff member
Congratulations to Lowndes County on beating North Paulding and advancing to the Championship!!!

Yea, it was the talk of the town yesterday, but more of the talk was how crappy the fans from the Atlanta area were. They came in running their mouths, even started throwing Lowndes folks chairs down so they could steal that spot. One mouthed off the a guy I wouldn't advise mouthing off to. His friends pulled him back before he got a free trip to the hospital. What a shame.

I understand Lowndes goes to Atlanta this weekend and I hope they act better as guests than these folks did.

ATLFalconsfan80

Yea, it was the talk of the town yesterday, but more of the talk was how crappy the fans from the Atlanta area were. They came in running their mouths, even started throwing Lowndes folks chairs down so they could steal that spot. One mouthed off the a guy I wouldn't advise mouthing off to. His friends pulled him back before he got a free trip to the hospital. What a shame.

I understand Lowndes goes to Atlanta this weekend and I hope they act better as guests than these folks did.

Beat em on the field…best way to beat them…that’s long way home after a loss… :bounce: