Anyone going to the gun show on Saturday?

MissouriBoy

I will be there with my 4 year old. I’ll have a white cowboy hat on and little blonde haired boy that won’t stop talking about the Civil War. We stopped in at Chickamauga on the move down here and the boy has been hooked! If you see me say hello, would like to meet some locals. Most people I get to yack with these days are other military parents at some kids bday party I get conscripted to go to, and talking about gluten free cake and the newest Youtube fad for kids isn’t my thing.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
You're in the right part of the country to fill the boy's head with civil war history. Take advantage of it. Lots of great day trips from your location.

MissouriBoy

You're in the right part of the country to fill the boy's head with civil war history. Take advantage of it. Lots of great day trips from your location.
He’s pilfered through all my books and we’ve turned on a couple documentaries. He can name some Generals and tell the difference in the soldiers now!

MissouriBoy

I'll be there in the afternoon if all goes as planned. I travel incognito and look like the average old white deplorable so I'll blend in with 90% of everybody else there but if I see a white cowboy hat with a toe headed kid in tow I'll be sure to introduce myself.
Awesome!

JSnake

Useless Billy Bouncer
I will be there with my 4 year old. I’ll have a white cowboy hat on and little blonde haired boy that won’t stop talking about the Civil War. We stopped in at Chickamauga on the move down here and the boy has been hooked! If you see me say hello, would like to meet some locals. Most people I get to yack with these days are other military parents at some kids bday party I get conscripted to go to, and talking about gluten free cake and the newest Youtube fad for kids isn’t my thing.

Excellent job on taking that youngun to Chickamauga! It's very cool that it still looks relatively similar to how it did almost 160 years ago. One of my favorite places to visit - they have awesome park rangers as well. I did a guided tour with a ranger on the 150th anniversary following the hourly progression of the battle.

I used to volunteer with the NPS to shoot their 3 inch ordnance rifle from time to time too :biggrin2:

MissouriBoy

I took a trip to Wilson’s Creek Battlefield when I was a young one and it hooked me years ago. We checked out every Civil War site in New Mexico while we were there, but he finally started enjoying it and asking questions now that he is 4.

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
If you're talking about Eastman's show in Perry, you're not that far from Andersonville.
Your son would probably like that.

MissouriBoy

If your gonna be in Perry you may wanna check out the Jefferson Davis memorial in Irwinville. It's a lil over an hour South
I will check it out! Thanks for that tip.

Dirtroad Johnson

If you come to Jefferson Davis Park in the morning or around lunch time; Mooreheads country store serves good breakfast & lunches that's only a mile or 2 south of there in Irwinville. Mr. Johnny Moorehead is a class act, when the tornado came thru Irwin county a few weeks ago he set his store up the following morning to feed the electrical crews that had been working thru the night & for the other crews that were just starting for the day. On his dime. He's not open on Sundays.

MissouriBoy

If you come to Jefferson Davis Park in the morning or around lunch time; Mooreheads country store serves good breakfast & lunches that's only a mile or 2 south of there in Irwinville. Mr. Johnny Moorehead is a class act, when the tornado came thru Irwin county a few weeks ago he set his store up the following morning to feed the electrical crews that had been working thru the night & for the other crews that were just starting for the day. On his dime. He's not open on Sundays.
He will certainly get my business.

MissouriBoy

It's awesome food. Real down home cooking from some real Grandma's that cook there way. Mr Johnny also doesn't sale alcohol or lottery tickets
I don’t drink or gamble so I’ll fit right in!

TurkeyH90

You got to get out of the WR area to find many folks who are actually from here. Plenty of locals 30 minutes south.