Anyone got the Primal tripod stand ?

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
This tripod looks exactly like the one Walmart used to have. They called it Ameristep I think.

Does anyone have one?

34A80E17-D8C3-41C8-9DB0-43C18D5B6CB8.png

Jim Boyd

I don’t but it looks perfect for our Illinois farms….

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
I don’t but it looks perfect for our Illinois farms….

I’m thinking of driving over to Anderson and getting one when they get them in stock.
I want to see the Sportsman’s Warehouse anyway.

Jim Boyd

I’m thinking of driving over to Anderson and getting one when they get them in stock.
I want to see the Sportsman’s Warehouse anyway.

We have a SW near me. Our store is average. Predictable.

We have a lot of ladders in Illinois but as I age, those windy days scare me.

I have some quads I could donate to the Illinois farm but transporting them becomes a problem as they are welded / one piece.

Could assemble these in place with battery impact.

Good luck Marvin!

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
We have the Ameristep versions, 10 and 14 foot I believe, both sizes and I enjoy hunting out of them over clearcuts. They are pretty comfortable.

We have 2 of the Ameristeps as well. I really like them but you can’t find them anywhere now.

Jim Boyd

Read the reviews.

Good write ups but like most store bought quads and tripods, it is tight inside the stand.

Not a deal killer, just not roomy.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Read the reviews.

Good write ups but like most store bought quads and tripods, it is tight inside the stand.

Not a deal killer, just not roomy.

I took out the center post mounted swivel seat and use a 4 footed Blackout swivel chair. It much better since you can set it off center with your back towards the least watched direction. Also added a roof.

8CB79D0B-77DA-4E80-A333-F200036391EE.jpeg

Jim Boyd

I took out the center post mounted swivel seat and use a 4 footed Blackout swivel chair. It much better since you can set it off center with your back towards the least watched direction. Also added a roof.

Hmmmm now that is great thinking right there!!!

American ingenuity…

Looks DARNED nice.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Hmmmm now that is great thinking right there!!!

American ingenuity…

Looks DARNED nice.

That roof is one of the Ameristep roof kits that comes with fabric roof material.

I used plywood and rubber membrane for the roof material.

Jim Boyd

That roof is one of the Ameristep roof kits that comes with fabric roof material.

I used plywood and rubber membrane for the roof material.

I have old fiberglass material I use.

Looks great!

catch22

View attachment 1197492

years ago (like 30 :) ), my dad and his brothers bough some tripods out of Texas. They had an offset shaft under the seat and were supremely comfortable. All of the quads and tripods I see sold today, have a straight shaft and dont sit nearly as comfortable. The first thing I would do is remove the post and chair and install an offset one like @Milkman has done above. It seems like a small deal, but it pays huge dividends in comfort and steady shooting rest.