New Lone Wolf Custom Gear Climber

HIGH COUNTRY

New stand is on the website, probably best looking climber I have ever seen for bowhunting.

That thing is slick!!!

Only $999.99, think I am ordering two today - One for me and one for my grandson.

Anyone else want one while I am ordering?

Seriously, while I love to have one - There is NO way I am paying a thousand dollars for a climber!!!

Geez...

coastalredneck

i just checked it out.. no thanks.. the seat looks to come out way to far.. id be on the ground if i climbed up in that.. lol

turkeykirk

New stand is on the website, probably best looking climber I have ever seen for bowhunting.

That thing is slick!!!

Only $999.99, think I am ordering two today - One for me and one for my grandson.

Anyone else want one while I am ordering?

Seriously, while I love to have one - There is NO way I am paying a thousand dollars for a climber!!!

Geez...
I couldn’t sleep at night if I left that stand hanging in the woods! :biggrin2:

Long Cut

I cannot stand Andrae & Cody D’Aquisto (Owners of Lone Wolf & Lone Wolf Custom Gear)

Their justification for the $1k price tag was because it replaced the need for a stand & sticks, which cost about $1k for one of their loc on’s and 4 sticks. They should’ve priced this climber at $600-700 and they would’ve made a killing.

Having said that, I do own a Beast Stand & Beast sticks. I have also owned & used Lone Wolf, XOP, Tethrd, Hawk and Lone Wolf Custom Gear products as well.
-My justification is this is the only loc on I own. I hang & hunt, this stand & sticks go in and out of the woods with me. When I go out West, those climbers are useless. A Saddle or Loc On is invaluable. Same goes for Public Land hunting. Those heavy steel or bulky aluminum climbers or loc on’s don’t cut it.

Whether it’s Lone Wolf Custom, Beast, Tethrd etc… these products are for a niche “mobile” hunter that carry their gear in and out with them. Typically long distances where it’s foot traffic only.
On the flip side, I personally find the price tag of Redneck and other box blinds ridiculous. Everyone has their “thing” I guess.

My .02

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I cannot stand Andrae & Cody D’Aquisto (Owners of Lone Wolf & Lone Wolf Custom Gear)

Their justification for the $1k price tag was because it replaced the need for a stand & sticks, which cost about $1k for one of their loc on’s and 4 sticks. They should’ve priced this climber at $600-700 and they would’ve made a killing.

Having said that, I do own a Beast Stand & Beast sticks. I have also owned & used Lone Wolf, XOP, Tethrd, Hawk and Lone Wolf Custom Gear products as well.
-My justification is this is the only loc on I own. I hang & hunt, this stand & sticks go in and out of the woods with me. When I go out West, those climbers are useless. A Saddle or Loc On is invaluable. Same goes for Public Land hunting. Those heavy steel or bulky aluminum climbers or loc on’s don’t cut it.

Whether it’s Lone Wolf Custom, Beast, Tethrd etc… these products are for a niche “mobile” hunter that carry their gear in and out with them. Typically long distances where it’s foot traffic only.
On the flip side, I personally find the price tag of Redneck and other box blinds ridiculous. Everyone has their “thing” I guess.

My .02
I don’t have a strong opinion about all these high dollar items, and accept the fact I’ll never have them. I don’t need them either, so these prices don’t bother me a bit. On saddle hunter dot com, I see LWCG referred to all the time, but I can’t say I’ve ever looked at the items being referred to …..kinda like the climber in this thread.
That said, the prices of everything are going through the roof. I’ve worked at QT for 16+ years and I can’t keep up with the monthly increases. I’m not talking promos either!

I do have a strong opinion on saddle hunting though….it’s the cats meow and Nothing is better than swinging in a saddle! :rockon:

ssramage

I've bowhunted out of a saddle off/on for the last few years. Killed several deer out of one and really like it for the right circumstances. I don't do many pack in hunts, but I do like presetting some 20' sticks in areas and only carrying in my backpack/platform. Hang and hunts are not for aging fat guys though, so I tend to prefer my climbers in those scenarios.

I don't get the price tag or the appeal here though. At 11.5lbs, it's almost as much weight as a Summit Openshot at 1/3 of the price. For scenarios where a climbing stand works (straight trees), I've never had a problem even packing my Viper and it is WAY more comfortable and versatile than this stand. Different strokes I guess... they'll sell a pile of them because there is a cult following there, but I don't understand it.