Anyone still do rat killings anymore?

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
410, 22 rat shot, air rifle, chicken pen and trashcans

Saw a video of ferrets paired up with dogs, that was pretty cool

greendawg

I used to love bush-hogging the pasture next to my house. I would ride along with my 12 gauge pump and kill several. Now I've got a cats who are straight up killers and I only see a couple of rats each time I bush-hog. One of my cats, Bruce, is something to behold. I've found rats, mice, squirrels, rabbits, moles and just about anything that walks or crawls killed and half eaten by him. I was working outside one day and and heard something screaming coming towards me. One of my other cats Jasmine, had caught a rabbit and was carrying it to a place where she could finish it off. I tried to stop her and make her let it go, but no chance. She has amazing camo, she is black and brown and has small patches of orange. When she sits next to a tree, she just disappears. There is a guy on Youtube that uses minks and rat dogs to kill rats that have infested farms. They will sometimes fill the tunnels with water after the minks have got they could and let the dogs run them down. It's funny, that those dogs are scared to death of those minks. I can't say as I blame them, I couldn't imagine one of them latching on to my face. They will kills rats twice their size with ease.

Hillbilly stalker

When I was stationed at Ft. Leavenworth, some of the MP’s ( won’t mention any names) would go to the landfill in the middle of the night and shoot rats. It was good 1911 practice, it shredded them. Wanting nothing going on in the middle of the night anyway. :biggrin2:

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Earth dogs are a sight to behold when they are allowed to hunt. Went to a competition (just as an observer) a those dogs were very impressive. High priced dogs that are purebred breeds.