Anything New in Cellular Cams?

sleepr71

Looking to invest in a system of 4 (or so)cellular cams at my property. 2 for security cams & 2 for watching hunting areas & feeder. That number may go up,as needed. Anybody want to recommend a system/manufacturer that you’d recommend (or to avoid!)? Wide open at this point on recommendations. Currently using Verizon as cell provider & Usually only have 1-2 bars at this location..

Last edited:

shdw633

Might want to consider the cuddelink system, that way you have multiple cameras out but they feed into one home camera which sends you the pics via cellular.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cuddeback-...097460&hash=item2acf0f161c:g:-M0AAOSwGKJdFDUd

The issue is the all other cameras is the cost of the plans for each camera versus this system, as you would only have one home camera and one plan for all five cameras. Along with the cameras listed above in the link I provided, you would also need the Home Cellular camera to add to those four listed above.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cuddeback-...567424&hash=item41fffb1dd2:g:L6QAAOSwvmtc716u

davidhelmly would be better at telling you more about these cameras because he uses the system but it sounds like it would work great for your situation. Here is a link to a thread on here about the system.

http://forum.gon.com/threads/cudde-link.928453/

shawnrice

cuddelink system is working great for us we have a 5 cam system set up and cant complain ,had one cam go crazy but cudde replaced it with no problem ...My buddy is the I.T. guy for setting them up for us so I cant tell you about how hard or easy they are to set up .but there working great , 20.00 per month for cell service on 5 cams grouped as one is really cheap in my opinion .
davidhelmly was alot of help to me in the start ...
All the help you need on this site also http://habitat-talk.com/index.php?threads/cuddebacks-cuddelink.7859/

philtuts

Cuddelink all the way. I have 3 home units on 3 different farms with remote long range IR cams for each. Highly recommended. Zero issues minus battery life.

Spypoint has been terrible for me. Wouldn’t ever buy another one.

sleepr71

Thanks! Sounds like the cuddlelink is doing well for most. I still have not had a chance to read the links above..so I will be back in here after I do some research. Work has been getting in the way lately!

FIREMANJIM

The Spartan Go-Cams are the best around. And with their recent price drop they are very affordable. You can get them on AT&T or Verizon Service. The Service through Spartan runs about $12 a month (Bought in 3 month packages)....You can get either one for $269.00 at WWW.MidTNTrailcam.Com

Mark K

Banned
I can’t speak for anything but Spartan, but I’ve had mine for 2-3 years now...don’t remember which birthday I got it for, lol.
Haven’t had any issues whatsoever. I like getting pics near instant real-time. I’d say within 45 seconds or so after I pass the camera I’m getting a pic. I can set up to 5 different people on my camera to also see the pics. (Works great when used for security purposes)
I’ve used mine for security, watching traps off the main line (have pics in the trapping forum) and of course for deer. I’ll sometimes take it with me on out of state hunts to use for scouting as well.
Now I will say this, I use the features where I can take pics at will and get HD pics, but when set up on a feeder it tends to go through batteries fairly quick. If I had it set up just to send and no fancy features then they last quite a long time. I mainly use it on trails for deer although I do have it on a somewhat new feeder right now and 3 weeks of pics and batteries are still at a power level of 5.
I know of a couple of plantations that buy them by the dozens and use them for security purposes. It’s made a huge difference in caught trespassers. So much so, once the word got out they had cameras on the place, they have very few issues now.
I know you can add them to your cell plan but I went through Spartan and as stated pay $12? a month...I buy a 6 month plan.

Sweet

I have 3 spartan 4g Verizon's..With Solar panels and batterys..The Cameras are on our Georgia lease..Im In Connecticut WORKING..Man..What A Scouting Tool..