April 15th at Keaton

Hit-n-Miss

A good friend of mine needed some salt therapy, so Shoddy and I got to the ramp at sunrise. There was already a half full lot. Guess a tournament going on. So we put the boat in and headed out the canal.
e5fe23118caff1e485ede2f45542a624.jpg

We headed north and started fishing. The wind, what little there was, blew opposite the tide. So there was no drift at all the entire day. So fishing was tough.
a2178d944e405e16d29f9b9b5226e195.jpg

But we did manage a few fish. Including this guy.
20142f40ac4a79397693adb1382cce2d.jpg

It put up a heck of a fight. We went all over even as far as doghead. But never could get on a good bite. So at 2:30 we headed in. Got in the canal and it looked like scallop season. A line of boats past the condos with nobody moving. What the heck? Guess someone was walking to their truck a 1/4 mile down the road. So I eased up to the dock between the ramps and pitched my buddy off and eased back by the condos to wait. Couple minutes later he called and said backing down. So I ease by the other boats to pull out. One guy says “dang man you just gonna jump in front of us?” I said “my truck is on the ramp. It’s the first truck at the ramp that loads out, not the first boat at the ramp”. Why is that so hard to understand? Had a great day on the water can’t wait to go again.
a7747d7b64e19ee9efd07805da78461d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
Good catch under tough conditions.

notnksnemor

Going to try Keaton next week if they have a room available.

notnksnemor

No room at the inn for next week.

Booked for 4/30 to 5/4.
If anyone else is going to be there, I'll be the old fat guy in the tuna trawler.

Last edited:

notnksnemor

Thanks.
It drifts pretty shallow, but you have to watch where you plane out on the flats.

I've got Andree Reef on my radar one day too.

notnksnemor

When we were out there 2 weeks ago we couldn't find anything but sand.
Storms will move the cubes and even silt them over.

The Marker 24 barge off of St. Marks is actually several hundred feet from where my public numbers listed it.