Archaeological find in Jerusalem ‘proves Bible passage is historically true’

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Some real places, some real people and some real events are certainly included in the Bible. I do not think that anyone in here has ever said differently.
Star Trek talked about Earth. Does that make the rest of Star Trek equally true?
Many old religious writings mention people places and events.
What exactly are you posting this for?

WaltL1

Some real places, some real people and some real events are certainly included in the Bible. I do not think that anyone in here has ever said differently.
Star Trek talked about Earth. Does that make the rest of Star Trek equally true?
Many old religious writings mention people places and events.
What exactly are you posting this for?
I'm fully expecting the Christians to deny this article because "the process of dating things is inaccurate and just a wild guess".
But I wont hold my breath :bounce:

WaltL1

My crystal ball foretells a collective yawn from our AA friends.
When they find a skeleton of a donkey with the physical capabilities of talking or maybe a wooden staff with a snake skeleton, I promise then we will sit up and take notice :)

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
I heard sand was found in the desert too.

WaltL1

Ok. And we should conclude what based on this?
I think we can conclude j_seph is a drive by poster.
Throw it out there and run to avoid any questions.

j_seph

I think we can conclude j_seph is a drive by poster.
Throw it out there and run to avoid any questions.
Actually J_seph doesn't spend his days on GON. Church youth rally Friday, Church on Sunday. Sorry I cannot make y'all a priority. Can only show ya what I see, tell ya about what I have seen and pray maybe one day something one of us peculiar Christians say will put enough weight on that light cord that it turns on a little bit.

atlashunter

Actually J_seph doesn't spend his days on GON. Church youth rally Friday, Church on Sunday. Sorry I cannot make y'all a priority. Can only show ya what I see, tell ya about what I have seen and pray maybe one day something one of us peculiar Christians say will put enough weight on that light cord that it turns on a little bit.

My question remains.

WaltL1

Putting youth and church before us????
Come on man you need to get your priorities straight :bounce:
And my hat is off to you for spending time with the youngins'. That is a very honorable endeavor. I just hope you are doing it for their sake and not the church's sake.
maybe one day something one of us peculiar Christians say will put enough weight on that light cord that it turns on a little bit
j_seph, nearly every single one of us here was a Christian/believer.
We didn't leave Christianity just because we felt like doing something different one day. You probably don't have a clue the difficulty involved, the people you hurt, maybe even the price we will have to one day pay, that kind of decision involves.
The light that got turned on for us went in the opposite direction. There isn't a thing you are going to say, at least not to me, that's going to get me/us to go back.
If that is your intention, I'm sorry to say you are probably wasting your time.
If the Christian God exists though I'm sure He could accomplish that in a second. So far He's a no show.

j_seph

Putting youth and church before us????
Come on man you need to get your priorities straight :bounce:
And my hat is off to you for spending time with the youngins'. That is a very honorable endeavor. I just hope you are doing it for their sake and not the church's sake.

j_seph, nearly every single one of us here was a Christian/believer.
We didn't leave Christianity just because we felt like doing something different one day. You probably don't have a clue the difficulty involved, the people you hurt, maybe even the price we will have to one day pay, that kind of decision involves.
The light that got turned on for us went in the opposite direction. There isn't a thing you are going to say, at least not to me, that's going to get me/us to go back.
If that is your intention, I'm sorry to say you are probably wasting your time.
If the Christian God exists though I'm sure He could accomplish that in a second. So far He's a no show.
If you are still interested in seeking out the truth. Watch some of these, if you are on FB look Dave up. As well the museum mentioned in this website will also be in Hoschton Ga Sep 16 through the weekend.
http://truthministries.tv/speaking-topics

WaltL1

If you are still interested in seeking out the truth. Watch some of these, if you are on FB look Dave up. As well the museum mentioned in this website will also be in Hoschton Ga Sep 16 through the weekend.
http://truthministries.tv/speaking-topics
If you are still interested in seeking out the truth.
Not sure you are getting it.
Seeking out the truth is exactly what I did. That search lead me away from, not to, Christianity.
Obviously your mileage may vary.
And I checked out your link about the traveling museum.
Since I live in Hoschton I will probably check it out.
However I can already tell that by the "marketing" of the various displays its only going to cement what I already believe to be the "truth/not the truth".

atlashunter

This has to be one of my favorites. :D

Is it possible that man and dinosaurs once walked planet earth together, at the same time? Does the Bible mentiion dinosaurs? Find out incredible scientific evidences for the fact that dinosaurs were here very recently. Examine findings in archaeology and paleantology that support the existence of man and dinosaur living together. See artwork from people that couldn't have known what dinosaurs looked like, and hear stories from people like Marco Polo, who document "Dragons" throughout the world!

TripleXBullies

You probably don't have a clue the difficulty involved, the people you hurt, maybe even the price we will have to one day pay, that kind of decision involves.

That move for me made me incredibly uncomfortable around my parents. I don't know what it really did to them but I am sure they were devastated. My sister. I wasn't happy to do that to them. Then the looks I'd get if people around me found out.

The guys here made my re-conversion much easier than believers made my de-conversion. Thanks for accepting me.

j_seph

Not sure you are getting it.
Seeking out the truth is exactly what I did. That search lead me away from, not to, Christianity.
Obviously your mileage may vary.
And I checked out your link about the traveling museum.
Since I live in Hoschton I will probably check it out.
However I can already tell that by the "marketing" of the various displays its only going to cement what I already believe to be the "truth/not the truth".

This has to be one of my favorites. :D
Walt I pray you get something out of it if you make it to the exhibit. He obviously found something as did other non believers have.

Atlas you have probably already read
Job 40:15 - 40:24
Isaiah 27:1
Job 41:1-34
Genesis 1:24-31

atlashunter

Walt I pray you get something out of it if you make it to the exhibit. He obviously found something as did other non believers have.

Atlas you have probably already read
Job 40:15 - 40:24
Isaiah 27:1
Job 41:1-34
Genesis 1:24-31

I'm very familiar with creationist arguments. It's what I was taught growing up. My father is still a young earth creationist. Scripture is irrelevant. You could have a scripture that says Jesus got around on a saddled dinosaur like the one at the creationist museum. That doesn't change the fossil record.