Are they gobbling....?

B. White

I walked a mile off the paved road and I’m sitting on the edge of a clear cut and should be able to hear one a long way off. No sound or tracks so far.

deast1988

My buddy had 2 strutters with 13hens walk across his cleared lane Friday morning. He heard the hens, he saw the stutters. Said he watched them for 30mins, they didn't gobble one time. In Jasper he leaves every morning shortly after daylight. Last spring he said gobbling started later part of first week in March. We put out a trail cam yesterday. I saw the drag marks from the wings. He don't care too much about Turkeys but he lets me try them on his place. I think weather incoming this week might get one vocal.

deast1988

7:45am text from my buddy had one gobbling then 2nd started answering him. He said he heard 15/20gobbles before he left and said they had to be close to where we placed camera.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I got trail cam pics of some strutters. Saw a flock of about 30 birds Saturday afternoon with 8 longbeards and a couple of Jakes.

Kadiddlehopper

Very vocal ,here in Fayette Co. Looks like a good year . Good size flocks with a good number of Toms . Still in flocks not separating yet .

ADDICTED2HUNTIN

Heard one Saturday gobble once around 11am while checking cams. Also seeing gobblers and Jake's grouped up together still.
Oglethorpe county

southernman13

Turkey

No goblin in Randolph yet that I’ve heard but they’re strutting

Attachments

• D0C97672-2EAC-43FD-85BB-F3E0CAC515BF.jpg
    D0C97672-2EAC-43FD-85BB-F3E0CAC515BF.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 1,766

Esau

Heard one gobble Sunday evening at 5:12.

humdandy

Banned
Saw 30 hens the other day. Saw 5 gobblers in another field. Still in winter flocks. Saw 3 gobblers in another field and 2 at another place. Screven co.

albrown100

Saw 30 hens the other day. Saw 5 gobblers in another field. Still in winter flocks. Saw 3 gobblers in another field and 2 at another place. Screven co.

I have saw several nice birds in Screven Co, but have't heard any gobbling yet , have you humdandy ?

Ihunt

I have not been out to listen but when they get fired up good I usually hear them walking to my truck to go to work before day break.

Why do they walk to your truck???

They must be some heavy birds! Lol

bucktail

Don't know how much is being caused by my barn yard pet merriams that have been fired up for a month.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Heard the one I'll be hunting opening morning gobble several times Sunday morning