Asking for a little help from my fellow Georgians

BAMA HUNTER

I know not to post this question on a Kentucky forum…I’ve seen dudes get roasted for it. I’m hoping that some of y’all might be able to help me with picking a WMA or any public land to hunt in Kentucky. I’ve done research and made phone calls to dnr for months, so I’ve done my homework. I am just looking to have a quality experience. Something not overly crowded. I am heavily researching Fort Knox, LBL and West Kentucky WMA. I am all ears to other areas as well. Please give whatever opinions or experience y’all have. Thanks!

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I have no experience with either but I know a few guys that go to LBL during archery season and do good . See some great bucks every hunt and have killed a couple of giants . They have put in a lot of time and miles on their boots to find the right spots but it’s paid off for them .

Chas

Hunted up there for 3 years on private leases and there are a couple of public lands around the West Kentucky area that seemed to have alot of potential, one is Big Rivers WMA, when i decide to go up there I will check that one out, Land between the lakes has always intrigued me!

Last edited:

RichardC

I live 5 mins from West KY WMA .. 25 mins from LBL. Plenty of deer on either one ,LBL is a very pretty place during the fall for sure.

basstrkr

Had a BIL connection years ago. Hunted Todd county area. Lots of deer, saw an 8 pointer in town. But West Kentucky would be my idea.

Latest posts