Bad Deal with Sig P320

gunnurse

My son’s EDC is a Sig P320. As he was taking it off his waist, it fell out of the holster, and hit the floor. You guessed it. An accidental firing into the wall of the hotel where he’s staying. He recovered the round, so it did not go through the wall and cause anyone harm. I hear that this is a known problem with this model. Y’all be careful.

Last edited:

gunnurse

Police were never called. No knock on the door. Apparently where his company puts him and his crew up, gunshots are a pretty common occurrence. He did make sure that there was not penetration into the next room. Don’t know what type of holster it was.

Ray357

AWOL
My son’s EDC is a Sig P320. As he was taking it off his waist, it fell out of the holster, and hit the floor. You guessed it. An accidental firing into the wall of the hotel where he’s staying. He recovered the round, so it did not go through the wall and cause anyone harm. I hear that this is a known problem with this model. Y’all be careful.
I think it was recalled. The new ones don't have the problem anyway.

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
Dang !

doomtrpr_z71

It does not matter. The early variants of that pistol discharged due to the mass of the sear giving it enough inertia to disconnect when dropped at a certain angle.
I've got 4, they don't fall out any real holster regardless whether or not they have had the recall done on them.

doomtrpr_z71

I don't care if you have 20. The problem is the pistol. That is why Sig re-designed and recalled.
I don't care that you don't care, they didn't redesign anything, the m17 and 18 already had disconnectors, use a holster that has retention and don't drop it...that's solid advice for any handgun.

Ray357

AWOL
I don't care that you don't care, they didn't redesign anything, the m17 and 18 already had disconnectors, use a holster that has retention and don't drop it...that's solid advice for any handgun.
Read their website. They redesigned the firing system. They recall them to put more of the same old parts in? No.
By your logic, there was nothing wrong with the fixed pin, no disconnect bar single action revolvers. Just don't drop them.

doomtrpr_z71

Read their website. They redesigned the firing system. They recall them to put more of the same old parts in? No.
By your logic, there was nothing wrong with the fixed pin, no disconnect bar single action revolvers. Just don't drop them.
They added the same disconnectors the m17 and m18 already had.... which aren't even required if you used the flat trigger since there wasn't enough inertia from the lighter trigger. I have no issue with fixed pin revolvers without a transfer bar either, not going to tote one cause I ain't a cowboy but shooting a long colt is ok every now and then.