bait for well-fed bream?

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
If you could get some catawber worms, I bet you could catch some. Especially if you turned them outside in on the hook.
This.

RamblinWreck

The wigglers worked again today, but results have been quantity over quality for sure. Probably had 3 keeper-size in 30-40 boated fish - but hey, it was fun on the UL nailing the little rascals on near every cast. Today a plastic bait was also working - the Mr Twister micro craw, on a real small jig head. I didn't try it the other day, but they were smashing it today.

Again, it was kinda breezy, and threatening rain, but I had fun. Nice low temps for August were appreciated.

The search for the big ones shall continue, but somewhere else. It seems most of the fish that hang around this feeder in August are juveniles.

TomC

Sometimes a small pea sized piece of white bread molded onto a small hook works good for fish used to eating feed. Fish it weightless with a bobber about 3 feet deep just for weight to cast.

Grew up on Rabun, BIG bream and balled up loaf bread on a hook was the go to!

jocko755

A sure fire way for me is RAW Bacon. Use the trout magnet jig without the plastic. Hook up a maggot size of RAW Bacon and they will be ALL over it. It stays on the hook better than bread, crickets, or wax worms.

You're Welcome!

littlejon

Not suggesting but once I came across a bed of bream. I had nothing for them but I did have some fig newtons onboard. I rolled up some of the fig inside the newton into BB size balls and wore them out.

RamblinWreck

I bet I've caught 50-60 the last 3 days, mostly medium with a few nice 'uns. I'll shut up now, and post a few pics. Thanks for all the advice.
PS: does pic 4 look like a hybrid bluegill/redear to y'all?lbrm_5.jpglbrm_4.jpglbrm_3.jpglbrm_2.jpglbrm_1.jpg