Bald Eagle (Southeastern Georgia)

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Me and my dad took a ride through our hunting grounds today, and I was finally able to get a picture of a bald eagle after several failed attempts in the past. As we were slowly riding through, we saw 20 plus buzzards just up ahead on the side of the road. And this bald eagle was right there amongst them all, eating on a big hog. As I was getting my camera ready, they all flew. Lucky for me, the eagle flew up in a big pine tree on side of the road. He sat on that pine limb and let us get nearly right under him. I took a lot of pics, and just sat there looking at him with a big smile on my face. That's America's national bird sitting right there, I thought. Just an awesome sight to see. We don't see many eagles in this particular area, and I get excited when I see one. Beautiful birds.

E1.JPG

E2.JPG

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Hat tip ? to some nice work.

We had a pair move in at the rail yard with us and spend the summer. They ate good, catching pigeons, rats, rabbits, and fishing in the pond next door.

They were cool to watch, and it was good having them around.

Silver Britches

Hat tip ? to some nice work.

We had a pair move in at the rail yard with us and spend the summer. They ate good, catching pigeons, rats, rabbits, and fishing in the pond next door.

They were cool to watch, and it was good having them around.
Thanks, bud.

I was seeing a pair of them in the same area, now only see one once in awhile.

Silver Britches

specialk

the only wild ones ive seen were in heard co. eating with the buzzards...kinda sad.....but i was headed to meet up with a local guy to rabbit hunt and was excited to tell him.....he shrugged his shoulders and said he sees them all the time....several times a week....a lot on west point lake.....go figure...

Silver Britches

They are beautiful birds.
Great capture SB - I have never seen one in the wild.
the only wild ones ive seen were in heard co. eating with the buzzards...kinda sad.....but i was headed to meet up with a local guy to rabbit hunt and was excited to tell him.....he shrugged his shoulders and said he sees them all the time....several times a week....a lot on west point lake.....go figure...
Thanks, y'all.

About 3 years ago I was walking off a grassy road into the woods to go deer hunting. I had walked no more than 15 feet when I heard this loud swoosh, swoosh sound. I turned around to look back at the road and saw a bald eagle swooping down at something, then fly off. That was pretty dang cool! I don't see them all time, and only see them in 3 or 4 areas I go. I was watching a pair about 4 years ago, but haven't seen them since. Would always see them both together up in this huge dead tree.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Everywhere you go around a lake, they are very common.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
They are cool...earlier this spring, I was wading a small river up by nchillbilly. Foggy, early sunshine and one left a tree and made a water pass literally right beside me! No chance at a photo, but one of those nature moments that get burned in your memory.
Edit: haha he chimes in...
I live beside the lower Pigeon, and I see them now and then flying up and down the river.