BASS FISHING: The Pre-Spawn Hit List Day 1

King.Of.Anglers.Jeremiah

Fishing ? Instructor!
A lot of people have been messaging me about what I fish during this time of year, what they should spend money on or what they can do when looking for pre spawn giants. I've chosen a few of my annual pre spawn top picks, and I'll upload them one day at a time.
Today's choice - The lipless crankbait! Not only is this one of my favorite pre spawn baits, but it's my favorite all time hardbait for bass fishing. I ALWAYS have these on me. I never fish without them. Great year round bait, search bait, and big fish bait if you know how, where, when and why to fish it and the differences between each bait and color choices. This was the first artificial lure I ever caught a fish on as a very young child and it's always been in the arsenal since. When I start uploading to YouTube, I'll break down the ins and outs of this lure or if I get a chance to go back on the Fish North Georgia show, I'll explain there.
IMG_20210320_132215.jpgIMG_20190214_153726.jpgIMG_20190217_114909.jpg99603433-0fa3-43c3-ac67-ed1784999a6a.jpgIMG_20210320_132151.jpg

Fletch_W

Banned
I have two PB's that are tied. The first was on a lipless crankbait. They catch bass for sure, and as you said, you can cover water very fast. In fact, in my experience, the faster you fish them, the better the results. I am looking forward to your breakdown.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
What is the best rod/reel/line setup for fishing lipless hard baits?

King.Of.Anglers.Jeremiah

Fishing ? Instructor!
What is the best rod/reel/line setup for fishing lipless hard baits?
A 7 speed baitcasting real like a 7:4:1 on a medium or medium heavy crankbait rod anywhere from 7ft to 7'6 depending on the size and weight of the lure. 10-14lb line, either fluorocarbon or monofilament. Which type and size depends on the body of water and whether you want it to run shallower or deeper.

TurkeyH90

These all appear to be the same brand? What are they? Ive always run the original Rtraps. Recently bought a 6th Sense.

Richf7

That's the neatest tackle box I've ever seen!

King.Of.Anglers.Jeremiah

Fishing ? Instructor!
They're Strike King Red-eye Shads, and unlike the original Rattle Traps, they wiggle on the fall. They're my favorite rattle bait by far.

jim
My favorite too. I fish 4 different kinds depending on where I'm at and what conditions, but I normally fish these

King.Of.Anglers.Jeremiah

Fishing ? Instructor!
These all appear to be the same brand? What are they? Ive always run the original Rtraps. Recently bought a 6th Sense.
Mostly strike king red eye shads, but there's different versions of lucky craft LV baits, Spro aruku shads, berkley warpigs and other lipless baits I keep on me inside the box. The ones showing are just to show more colors for a prettier picture, that's all.

Richf7

Last edited:

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Rattle traps and red eye shads fill my box. I always have one tied on a rod for riprap or schooling fish.

Richf7

Rattle traps and red eye shads fill my box. I always have one tied on a rod for riprap or schooling fish.

So many lures...so little time.