Anybody Fished Charlie Elliot This Time Of Year?

Big7

The Oracle
Thinking about going next week and if I get on some might tent/van camp a day or 2.

If you have a favorite of the many lakes on the property, please let me know. Only fished there one time just moving around.

I'll be looking for Brim and Bass but prolly throw out a cut Brim for Catfish.

Also taking a minnow trap for bait and if I catch a bunch of Brim and/or Bass fry, I know where there is a mostly unused pond that needs stocking

basshappy

BANNED
We love CE WMA. We go year round. Like many bodies of water in GA you may find the bite not on fire. But if you can spend 2 days jog around on Day 1 and see what you see, make note of what ya like, and fish it / them on Day 2. Lots of variety there with all the different bodies of water - not just fish species but charity, depth and structure/ cover.

Big7

The Oracle
Check camp is closed
Glad you caught that.
Kinda messed up the plan.
It's to far to just drive and turn around and come back.

What in the world could they be doing to the tiny camping areas that would take until well into 2024?

Government I recon.

Big7

The Oracle
Might have to try Dames Ferry.

Never been there without a boat.

Glynr

Wind storm blew bunch of trees down around camp area. They decided to cut the pines around that area.

Big7

The Oracle
Wind storm blew bunch of trees down around camp area. They decided to cut the pines around that area.
Is camping allowed on the WMA next door?
A lot of WMA's will let you primitive camp.

Guess I'll call them Monday if I don't go to Dames Ferry.

Glad you caught that.
Kinda messed up the plan.
It's to far to just drive and turn around and come back.

What in the world could they be doing to the tiny camping areas that would take until well into 2024?

Government I recon.
They`re building more campsites and upgrading existing ones. It`ll look more like Hard Labor Cree ST Park once the work is finished. They have taken out a bunch of trees and have tree saver fence zig zagged through the pines off to the side of what was the original campground. Fishing is a little in between right now. The Bass are there, but they`re between the banks and deeper haunts. Hope this helps.

Fishin & Hunting

Also heard they are adding RV campsites to the mix with water and electricity.
There is a campground just a little way away from there. Never been there but heard it was OK. It is a Newton County campground, Newton Factory Shoals Rec Area. With tent camping. Less than ten miles away.

I work just across the road from Greenhouse Lake on Clybel WMA. It is amazing at the number of people that fish that lake. And to see all the small fish some of them keep. Not sure how much pressure the other lakes get.

If you do go to Clybel WMA for a small vacation. Make sure you tryout the firearm and archery range.