Bass on the fly

River Rambler

I took my new toon out for it's maiden voyage in still water...and only my second time on the water with it.

P3240111.jpg

I'm running a 34lb thrust TM on it and it really pushes that rig across the water. I can't imagine what a larger motor would do.

I had a hard time with tracking since there nothing in the water to keep this thing in a straight line.

I did manage to catch my largest fly rod Bass to date and it was quite a fight....
Here he is...

P3240100.jpg

If anyone has any home remedies to tracking straight on pontoons, please let me know!

Last edited:

WinMag.300

way to go

Excellent report and way to go. Bass are pretty fun on a long rod...my favs are still the shoalies but as long as the rod is tight, it makes for a good day.:D

Tightliner

Most pontoons are made with a lot of rocker to promote quick pivots. The more rocker, the less the ability to track straight. Lower pressure might put more surface area in the water to counter the thrust of the motor :huh:. A keel of some type would be the most effective way to make it to track straight. Later..................................

Lakeb

Banned
Shoot me a PM with your address and I'll send you some of my favorite patterns. I grew up fishing farm ponds and golf courses for bass.

jsullivan03

If anyone has any home remedies to tracking straight on pontoons, please let me know!

I can't see the pictures b/c of a firewall at work, so not too sure of what kind of 'toon you have. If it has some sort of a transport wheel, try leaving it down as a keel.

ROLBY

hey man great pics and congrats on the biggest catch yet. I made a small plastic fin to attach near the front were the 2 foot rests are, it worked pretty good I wish i still had the pontoon but i sold it to buy a new one but havent yet.