Bees!!! Oh WOBBERT-WOO!!!!

turtlebug

Pweeze take your allergy shots. :( ::; :love:

Or at least wear a bee-suit when you venture outdoors. :D :banana:

AFRICANIZED BEES IN DOUGHERTY COUNTY
Two more colonies of Africanized bees discovered in Dougherty County
J. D. SUMNER
ALBANY HERALD The Valdosta Daily Times Tue Dec 14, 2010, 02:25 PM EST

ALBANY — The Georgia Department of Agriculture says that two new colonies of Africanized bees have been discovered in Dougherty County near where a man was killed in an attack earlier this year.

According to a statement released by Georgia Agriculture Secretary Tommy Irvin, two additional colonies of Africanized bees have been found as agriculture officials were monitoring bee swarms in the Dougherty County area.

Testing of more than 90 samples identified two more colonies in the southern half of the state near the first confirmed colony.

“It is unclear how Africanized honeybees arrived in Dougherty County,” said Agriculture Commissioner Tommy Irvin. “The bees could have come from almost anywhere.”

Africanized bee swarms are occasionally found on cargo ships coming from South or Central America. A container from one of these ships could have been transported via rail or truck from almost any seaport.

Some beekeepers from other states winter their bees in Georgia. Some commercial beekeepers that produce honey or pollinate crops move their bees to California, Florida, Texas and other states where Africanized honeybees are established. Finally, a beekeeper in the area could have purchased bees or queens that had African genes from a commercial beekeeper in another state.

“The important thing to keep in mind,” says Irvin, “is that other states and countries have learned to live with Africanized honeybees. “We need to move beyond the hype of ‘killer bees’. Just as we have learned to live with fire ants, we will learn to take certain precautions when in areas where Africanized bees may be established.”

Both the Georgia Department of Agriculture and the University of Georgia stress that beekeepers are the best defense Georgians have against Africanized honeybees. Without responsible beekeepers managing hives in the area, the density of docile European bees will decrease, leaving that area open to infestation by Africanized bees.

Bubbette

I don't think allergy shots will help with killer bees. :crazy:

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
You ain`t worried about the rest of us?! :whip:

rhbama3

Administrator
Staff member
Great. More illegal messicans in georgia......

turtlebug

You ain`t worried about the rest of us?! :whip:

No :huh:

You're so mean that stinging you would be the remedy. Instant killer bee eradication. :banana: :banana: :banana: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:love:

::gone:

turtlebug

Great. More illegal messicans in georgia......

Great, you can now come clean fishbait's puter screen off and pick him up off the floor. :rolleyes: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Can't

breathe.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That was a good'un. :biggrin2:

rhbama3

Administrator
Staff member
Great, you can now come clean fishbait's puter screen off and pick him up off the floor. :rolleyes: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Can't

breathe.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That was a good'un. :biggrin2:

Then my work here is done. :bounce:
We do need to go deer hunting at least one time this season. I still haven't been yet. :cheers:

turtlebug

Then my work here is done. :bounce:
We do need to go deer hunting at least one time this season. I still haven't been yet. :cheers:

You just wanna watch me run from the killer bees. :( :whip: :whip: :whip:

turtlebug

It's 26 degree's outside!! Where are you gonna find some Killer bees to run away from? ::ke:

The very same way that the only other person hunting on 700 acres found ME this past Saturday..... It's called T-Bug luck and it ain't worth a poop. :banginghe :bounce:

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher