Best brand of brassica seed blend...

davel

I know how much and what to plant. I'm asking for opinions on which seed company is the best for germination and overall growth, specifically for the central georgia region.
I've tried a few and so far 4s has done the best for me but I wanted to see what other companies people have found success with. Trying to maximize production per dollar spent. Food plots are expensive!
Thanks!

Triple C

Wow! Good looking plot!
That pic is from 2014. Planted 2 plots in a pure radish stand in early August which gave plenty of time to mature prior to first freeze. Deer hammered them down to the ground by mid-Jan.

I don't get near the amount of top growth when planting radish in a fall mix of grains, clover, AWP's n brassicas when I plant in early Oct. Just not enough days before freeze when planting in Oct.

If you can, pick a plot and plant it now in forage radish. By first freeze you should have a plot that looks like pic above and deer will readily take to it.

davel

That pic is from 2014. Planted 2 plots in a pure radish stand in early August which gave plenty of time to mature prior to first freeze. Deer hammered them down to the ground by mid-Jan.

I don't get near the amount of top growth when planting radish in a fall mix of grains, clover, AWP's n brassicas when I plant in early Oct. Just not enough days before freeze when planting in Oct.

If you can, pick a plot and plant it now in forage radish. By first freeze you should have a plot that looks like pic above and deer will readily take to it.
Contingent on rain! Thanks for the advice!!

Latest posts