Best Chili Dog you have ever had ?

Dr. Strangelove

Varsity

Billy Meadows Hot Dog Stand

.....and there is this little dive over in Mt Carmel, SC That lil ol lady had some good chili dogs. But you had to be careful. If ya asked for a chili dog, you got a bun with chili in it. i found out I had to ask for a hot dog with chili on it.:confused: Her statement to me was......"you aint from around here, are ya?":smash:

That must be a SC thing, I've had the same thing happen to me a couple of times.

Todd E

You are correct. Exactly what she said.
"That's what we call a chilli dog in SC."

Quepos1

Best ever was at the Palace Pool Room which was in an alley in downtown Columbus, Ga. Served with a tall long necked Bud while shooting pool. Nine ball was .10 a rack with eight ball at .15. Winos sitting around drinking wine, beer, or liquor. One never set a cue down as it may be needed for self defense. lol

I was last there 40 years ago but remember those dogs like it was yesterday.

Posted from Gon.com App for Android

aabradley82

Billy Meadows Hot Dog Stand. Best dogs in town. Course their the only dogs in town. Why antbody would eat at the varsity, other than for a yearly clean out, is beyond me.

beretta

R.W. Woods Hardware store N. Myrtle Beach. Chili,mustard,onions and Jalepeno coleslaw with hot sauce!!!!

Woody's Janitor

Mine is about 15 years ago Cordele Pool Hall.I try chili dogs every where I go. If you say "Mine" can you post your recipe.

I use to eat there in the early 80's. Great chilidogs!

Papa Bear

Bettys in Marietta back in the early 90's Do not live or work down there anymore and not sure if it is still around but use to eat there once a week with guys from work.