Best hot weather

johnpoulan83

Missed The Vote
Looking for the best early season/hot weather camo long pants and shirts as I have couple Midwest hunts in September and I’m sure it’s goin to be sweltering. I used to have a long pair of camo pants cant remember might have been red head or bass pro brand that were almost like wind breakers and were comfortable . Just tryin to find somethin other then shorts

Blackston

I’ve got some red head / bass pro that were a gift …. Kinda like wind breaker material and they have zippers above knees that make em shorts

Long Cut

The best is Sitka’s EquinoxGuard series.

Super light, breathable with a patented fabric that is resistant to mosquito bites and pre treated with Permethrin.

Kuiu and First Lite make good offerings as well, but they won’t compete against the new Equinox Guard series.

You can have good but it won’t be cheap. You can have cheap but it won’t be good.

Long Cut

Side tangent :

I see a lot of guys commenting they are wearing shorts with short sleeve shirts.

Treat your boots with Permethrin, wear long socks and take 1 shot of Apple Cider Vinegar starting 3-4 days prior to hunting. In September/October it’s good to do this daily or until the chance of being bitten by ticks is limited.

Lime, Alpha Gal, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever and plenty of other tick-bourne diseases are crippling.
I’ve dealt with them personally and treated numerous patients with the above. They’re life altering diseases that oftentimes have no cure if not treated in time.

Big7

The Oracle
Looking for the best early season/hot weather camo long pants and shirts as I have couple Midwest hunts in September and I’m sure it’s goin to be sweltering. I used to have a long pair of camo pants cant remember might have been red head or bass pro brand that were almost like wind breakers and were comfortable . Just tryin to find somethin other then shorts
Wrangler used to make regular denim with a good camo pattern. I would wear them a couple of times before rinsing them out. I never used soap unless they were really soiled. Turn them inside out and run through the rinse cycle only and dry on no heat inside out. That keeps them from having the "white neon" affect for several seasons.

Walmart has some name brand long and short sleeve shirts and the "store brand" work just as good but they fade faster. Still just rinse them inside out and they will last longer.

(So will your Sunday clothes if you do them that way)

I'm shopping today or tomorrow. What size do you wear? and I'll look around for you and see what's available. I can ship them to you if you like.

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
The coolest pants I have are shannon bug tamer.
It's mosquito netting over a layer of about 3/8 inch mesh netting.
Ga company...

Only time I use my camo underwear... :LOL:

Jim Boyd

Side tangent :

I see a lot of guys commenting they are wearing shorts with short sleeve shirts.

Treat your boots with Permethrin, wear long socks and take 1 shot of Apple Cider Vinegar starting 3-4 days prior to hunting. In September/October it’s good to do this daily or until the chance of being bitten by ticks is limited.
Ummmm - what about our snake proof flip flops??

kingfish

Bring a spray bottle full of cold water. Spray down every 30 minutes or so. Hopefully a breeze is blowing. Used to do this when I hunted August/September in South Carolina. Helped out a bunch.

B. White

The coolest pants I have are shannon bug tamer.
It's mosquito netting over a layer of about 3/8 inch mesh netting.
Ga company...

Only time I use my camo underwear... :LOL:

I had some mesh camo once and all was good until I stuck an arrow in one and I think I hit a bush full of seed ticks dragging it to the road. I have had them rascals eat me up a few times though, no matter what I wore and how much or what kind of spray I used. After that time, I just started wearing a pair of blue and green plaid comfortable shorts and a t shirt. They didn't protect any better, but if I got into them again it was faster to wipe down at the truck with a lighter fluid soaked wad of paper towels and get some relief.