Best hot weather

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
I had some mesh camo once and all was good until I stuck an arrow in one and I think I hit a bush full of seed ticks dragging it to the road. I have had them rascals eat me up a few times though, no matter what I wore and how much or what kind of spray I used. After that time, I just started wearing a pair of blue and green plaid comfortable shorts and a t shirt. They didn't protect any better, but if I got into them again it was faster to wipe down at the truck with a lighter fluid soaked wad of paper towels and get some relief.
Ya, I wear mine for the coolness and mosquito protection in the tree stand...
Not much clothes can do about ticks especially those little seed ticks...
I have found that a combination of picaridin on my skin and permethrin on my clothes does a good job.

Full Draw McGraw

Last season i upgraded to Kuiu Tiburon pants and a camouflage sun hoodie for bow season.
The pants are lightweight and have hip vents to help keep you cool. The sun hoodie does a good job of drying if i ever stop sweating out there.
I like the combination. It does a lot better than cotton.
Nothing will keep you from sweating in the heat of late summer/ early fall, the best you can hope for is something that will at least dry out and keep the bugs off.

ssramage

I've been upgrading my camo year by year and the absolute best I have found for Southeast GA heat and humidity is the merino wool from First Lite. It's pricey but well worth the price in my opinion. I also like their Guide Lite pants for hot weather.

They just came out with a new line that I've heard is incredible in the heat called Trace.

My go to for bow hunting from a treestand is the Wick Hoody, but I wear their short sleeve shirts a ton during rifle season from our tower stands.

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
Now we tawkin...
Just picked up these by Drake at Aexanders' Store...
Some new tech lightweight fabric reinforced at the knees and the rear end. Some really nice waste adjustments...
I'll wear an underwear with them when it gets cooler...
Just $100 but not walmart stuff...

20230814_164848.jpg

BamaGeorgialine

Side tangent :

I see a lot of guys commenting they are wearing shorts with short sleeve shirts.

Treat your boots with Permethrin, wear long socks and take 1 shot of Apple Cider Vinegar starting 3-4 days prior to hunting. In September/October it’s good to do this daily or until the chance of being bitten by ticks is limited.

Lime, Alpha Gal, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever and plenty of other tick-bourne diseases are crippling.
I’ve dealt with them personally and treated numerous patients with the above. They’re life altering diseases that oftentimes have no cure if not treated in time.
Good advise. I had Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever when I was a kid, about five or six years old. Wasn't a good situation. Thankfully it was caught in time that I only spent about a week in the hospital

crucible02

Love my Ol Tom Tech Stretch turkey pants for early season. Lightweight with reinforcement material in all the right places… knees and backside. Otherwise, I’m like some of the other guys wearing shorts under mesh leafy suit pants.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I’m wearing cheap mossy oak cargos from Walmart, always. Heavily treated with permethrin. Lightweight long sleeve shirt also treated. A bucket cap sprayed heavily with deet gives me shade and keeps the gnats etc.. out of my face. I’m kinda freaked out about ticks so I’ll just sweat!