Best porch paint

SarahFair

We had a disaster of a painter come out in 2019. We gave him money for materials, so he went and bought everything.
After the first day we realized he had no idea what he was doing and was using all the wrong materials for a lot of the work (Im STILL cleaning up his mess). We ended up firing him after that 1st day and took over from there with the remaining paint.

Last year (maybe the year before?) we sanded all the loose paint off the porch, cleaned it, and painted it with the leftover paint.

We made the mistake of choosing a flat color, which quickly stained from the red dirt and refused to come clean.
20220919_170351.jpg

I pressure washed everything today and a few areas of paint blasted off. I plan on scraping/sanding these areas and repainting the whole porch, but I want a more durable/washable paint and finish.

It is a covered porch with afternoon sun.
Suggestions?

The trim paint did okay on wood, but the only thing that we got around to repainting was the windows on the covered porch.
I'll need to paint the columns, but don't want them peeling by next year, like the porch.

Suggestions on the best paint for trim/windows/columns?

This is what the painter bought.
Porch paint
20220919_180635.jpg

Trim paint
20220919_170339.jpg

SarahFair

Sherwin Williams Super Paint is always my go to. I'll guess the wood had too much moisture in it when he painted
The porch was not wet when we painted it last year.
Do you think a higher sheen would help with adhesion?

I'm a "if it's not broke, don't fix it" type and like oil based paint for durability on my high foot traffic outside covered porches..

..although experts claim that modern water-based acrylic & latex porch and deck paints are equal to oil based paint.
Can an oil base go over a latex?

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
If you can find it, try warehouse floor paint.

bany

That was the wrong type of paint. Sherwin Williams super paint “PORCH AND FLOOR”
is what he should have bought and used. It’s about a satin sheen and tough. I doubt you’d be worried about a thing today if he used that.
sounds like you have it ready to paint now so getter done??

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
Is the wood CCA treated?

Some treated wood can be tricky to get paint to adhere to.

SarahFair

That was the wrong type of paint. Sherwin Williams super paint “PORCH AND FLOOR”
is what he should have bought and used. It’s about a satin sheen and tough. I doubt you’d be worried about a thing today if he used that.
sounds like you have it ready to paint now so getter done??
I went in today and they also said that guy should have never bought that for porch floors and they recommended the Porch & Floor as well.