Best Shelf Padding?

Just BB

I appreciate so much having this Traditional Board. Really does help novices like myself. I purchased a recurve last year and also bought a BearHair traditional rest. Somewhere between the fifth and sixth arrow the other evening it decided to leave it's current resting place and move to my lawn. :huh:My wife works for a doctor and can get me plenty of mole skin. I wanted to place a small piece of leather to build up the area on the rest as has been suggested here and then put the mole skin on it. Would this work as well as buying another rest online? Humor Me:rofl::rofl:

Apex Predator

I like the soft side of velcro on the shelf and thin leather or antler on the strike plate.

reviveourhomes

I second the velcro!

Go to the sewing section in wal-mart and get the sticky backed rolls of INDUSTRIAL velcro. You will have shelving material and strike plates for life for about $5, and they work great too.

Just BB

Will do and I think to keep my arrow from falling off, I'll put the other velcro on my arrow shaft and stick it to it!::ke:

Lowjack

I use the forehead skin of whitetail deer, they make and excellent rest.

fflintlock

Useles Billy’s Clubhouse Maintenance man
I'll recomend the velcro as well, works real good on my long bow and it's hard on strike plates for some reason, I use the soft side for the rest and the hard side for the strike plate, this seems to work really well.