Best/worst bbq in georgia!?!?

Paddle

OB'S has to be the worst BBQ I ever ate. I think it stands for Our BBq Sticks!!

And another one for Fresh Air in Jackson.

Little Miss Piggy's in Forsyth is a close 2nd best.

specialk

hey! easy with the hits on sprayberry's! that's family!

j/k yall, calm down! sprayberry's is owned by my family, and for me, it's what i love! but i know, to each his own. can't get mad for someone elses taste.

as said i love sprayberry's.
the best ribs i have ever had were at smokey bones in savannah.
i know it's a chain now, but its good!

the worst i've had is fresh air in bogart. man it was bad. a lot of yall like fresh air in jackson, don't know if it's the same as bogart, but if i'm down that way, i'll give it try.

the worst stew hands down is smokin' po' boys here in winder.STAY AWAY!!! nothing but tomato soup with corn and bbq sauce. horrible!

i've eaten at the old one and new one, both were great, i respected the fact they closed on sundays too, they miss a lot of money, but money at everything!!.......

naildrvr

piggie park in thomaston & ga south in barnesville are both good

fresh air has too much vinegar for me, but my wife loves it.
she has folks in jackson, so she gets it when she visits them.

feathersnantlers

2 Brothers?

I like 2 Brothers in Ball Ground. Not that smoky but still good eating and the decorations are nice as well.

Oh yeah Dubs is good eatin too, only place in Calhoun that doesn't need a sign.

Last edited:

Oldstick

And for negatives, someone already mention Bar B Cutie.

They opened one in Warner Robins and I tried it once, very mediocre, especially for the price. I think it stayed open maybe 3 months.

BBQBOSS

Banned
piggie park in thomaston & ga south in barnesville are both good

fresh air has too much vinegar for me, but my wife loves it.
she has folks in jackson, so she gets it when she visits them.

Hands down, Piggy Park has the best brunswick stew in the state. :cool:

(Disclaimer: If Muddy is reading this, yours is better! :biggrin2:)

The AmBASSaDEER

Sam and Daves in Marietta is good

Last edited:

Unicoidawg

Staff member
Well the BEST ever IMO is made by a local here in Cleveland (Dickie Nix) that stuff is GREAT!!!!!!!!!

As far as resturants go.....

North Ga BBQ in Helen has great ribs........

:huh::crazy:Personally, I like the Sonny's In Commerce. I love their ribs and like stated before they have THE BEST Chicken Salad made.......

Don't waste your time stopping at Chattahoochee BBQ it is not good............

Jranger

Best BBQ I ever had was from "Kings" down in Eustis, Fla. I was scared to get outta the truck to order at the window, but man I was happy I did. I'm a fan of the mustard / vinegar type sauce though, so I'm not sure everyone would agree with me.:D

KDarsey

And for negatives, someone already mention Bar B Cutie.

They opened one in Warner Robins and I tried it once, very mediocre, especially for the price. I think it stayed open maybe 3 months.

I wouldn't even eat there just because of the name.......pewwwwwwwww

Sterlo58

The Best - The Iron Pig in Jefferson

The worst - Sonny's

The greatest ever was Melear's in Fairburn. I grew up on that. I would cut off one of my fingers to be able to get just one plate of that stuff. I have never had Melear's in Fayetteville so I don't know if it is the same but I doubt it.

I like Sprayberry's and Williamson Brothers. Dre's in Villa Rica is pretty good as well although I am not a fan of his stew.

Here are the ones that are just ok in my book.
Hudson's in D'ville
Wallace's in Austell-Don't like the stew though.
Gilley's in Villa Rica

The ones I don't like.
Col. Pooles in Ellijay
Sonny's

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
The greatest ever was Melear's in Fairburn. I grew up on that. I would cut off one of my fingers to be able to get just one plate of that stuff. I have never had Melear's in Fayetteville so I don't know if it is the same but I doubt it.

You and be both. I can remember going there as a little kid.

I like J&J's down in Franklin (Heard County).

Favorite stew is Duffey's (now Walker's Meats)..it is served at most BBQ joints in west Georgia.

jason4445

The two worse ones was that BBO place in Ellijay, Ga that had all the pig signs with people's name on the hill behind the restaurant. I think it is closed now, but that place was the worse. Second, and I don't know if it is still open, but it was on I-16 one exit before the road ended south of Macon in the mid 70's. I think it was called Sweats BBO. I passed it going to college. Always saw big trucks parked there so one day I went - left 2/3rds of a sandwich on the plate meat was nothing but fat and gristle.

I always loved Fresh Air, although not a fan of the vinegar based sauce, but it was the best meat of any BBQ place. The one I judged all other BBQ places by was Sprayberrys. However, in the late 80's an early 90's they went downhill big time. Mainly inconsistency. Good one day - big full sandwiches and thick stew, the next day wimpy portions and watered down stew. I was selling food to restaurants at the time and seems like about that time the old men who ran the place for years were retiring and the sons and grandsons had taken over. By the time I was in the area and hearing about it they had lost over half their business and the old timers where coming out of retirement to turn things around.

The best ribs by far and far are at Sticky Fingers in Chattanooga.

whitworth

Ate some of the worst BBQ in Atlanta metro

Recall two of them are closed and one should be.

Some of the best-
Melvin's on Folly Road, James Island, Charleston, S.C.

Visiting -sure loved that mustard based sauce.

Confederate_Jay

Worst ever is Heavy's BBQ in Crawfordville... THey filmed part of the movie "Sweet Home Alabama" there . It was a juke joint in the movie, maybe they should try it in real life too.

My favorite is a boston butt cooked at home by me or a few of my friends.

I like sticky fingers ribs pretty good for a chain.

ryano

Banned
The two worse ones was that BBO place in Ellijay, Ga that had all the pig signs with people's name on the hill behind the restaurant. I think it is closed now,

no, it is still very much open and still very much packed most anytime you pass by it.