BFR in 444 Marlin - Your thoughts...

Marlin_444

BFR in 444 Marlin

Ok Folks, here tis...

(See new Avatar)

Original Equipment, un-cut version of my BFR in 444 Marlin... Settin inside my 16" spread Bama 8 Point Rack...

Should have the Black Micarta Grips delivered by next weekend and I'll be making the trek to my local Gun Smithy for a shortening of the bbl, Port Job and the addition of the new and improved "Ruger Style" grips...

After that we'll do a comparison... Oh yeah, out to the Woods in the AM to Pump a Round - r- Two through it...

I am certain that double Ears & Eyes will be in order... Wish I had a Cam-Corder...

Marlin 444 :crazy:

Marlin_444

Hey All:

Next stage in the project... Hogue Micarta Grips are in and on, taking the Hand-Canon to my Smithy this weekend...:banana:

I am still torn between 6.5" and 7.5" barrel length... It'll be a real "Custom Job" at 6.5" since the standard lengths for BFRs are at 10" and 7.5"... I am leaning towards 6.5", but may not be able to Port it...:rolleyes:

Anyway, it feels much better in the hand with the new grips, they need a professionals touch to finish them out as well as some buff-n-polish of the now exposes grip frame...:fine:

Marlin 444 :crazy:

Here are a couple pics...:flag:

Attachments

• BFR_Micarta_Grips_1.jpg
    BFR_Micarta_Grips_1.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 1,506
  • BFR_Micarta_Grips_2.jpg
    BFR_Micarta_Grips_2.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 1,425

ronfritz

So what is the status of the BFR? Did it end up with a 6.5 or 7.5 barrel. How does it shoot?

firebiker

Ron, I noticed you sold yer marlin 444.
what'ca gonna hunt with now? (beside the BFR)

ejs1980

I haven't shot a single action that was ported. It might take away some of the lift but thats what makes single actions so much fun. I wonder what your muzzle velocity would be with a 6.5 inch barrel. I would like to see some video of that thimg going off at night. Should be able to pretty much burn up a target at ten yards.

gemihur

I love revolvers and I dig the 444 Marlin.
I'd love to see some of the load data for the long barrel pistols.
I'm trying to feed this:
444 with bipod sm.jpg
... 14" SSK Hard Khrome Bbl in 444 Marlin with some homemade furniture ....

Dub

That should knock ‘em down.

Wonder whatever happened to the OP ???

Anyone kept track ?