Your thoughts about a potential purchase

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
I just talked to the Son In Law. He called to say that his wife is still unsure. He advised her to let it go but she is still deciding.
I said no problem but I am going to be honest. I think that I made a very fair offer for what it is. Being somewhat OCD about equipment, every day that the items sit in that damp environment is allowing more rust to form and already formed rust to worsen and as far as I am concerned it is devaluing it's worth to me because I am not able to counter act the rust as soon as possible. Things that I can salvage today might be too far gone in just a day or two so I respect her decision either way but by Saturday my offer wont be as much.
So, the wait continues.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
sounds like you made a generous offer...I wouldn't beat myself up or second guess any of it
But, but, but....that shiney new 270wsm, 350Rem mag, 300wby, 280, 270, 41mag and 44 mag brass is REALLY haunting me!
And I dont have a 280 or 41 Mag!!!!!
Lololololololol

transfixer

But, but, but....that shiney new 270wsm, 350Rem mag, 300wby, 280, 270, 41mag and 44 mag brass is REALLY haunting me!
And I dont have a 280 or 41 Mag!!!!!
Lololololololol

I can understand the allure of shiney new brass ! its a shame that the former owner let all that other stuff deteriorate

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
And I could use some 280 brass at a deeply discounted price.
I saw 300 there between brass and nickel plated. All brand new in 50rnd case guard ammo containers.
I honestly have no idea what all is there or how much.

bullgator

I wouldn’t go up a penny. There’s a lot of your time and manpower get some things useable…….you need to allow for that. Maybe one of the odd caliber rifles added to the deal would allow both sides to feel better about a new offer.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
I wouldn’t go up a penny. There’s a lot of your time and manpower get some things useable…….you need to allow for that. Maybe one of the odd caliber rifles added to the deal would allow both sides to feel better about a new offer.
I politely made it known that the longer the equipment is in the moisture rich environment the less I will be willing to pay.
As far as the guns go, I tried hard to find out just what rifle the fsther in law had that is chambered in 350 Rem Mag, but they said they were not sure and about 10 rifles were given among family but they were going to check and see if that one is "still around".

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
To be honest knowing that all that equipment is still sitting in that wet basement bothers me more than possibly not being able to buy it.

Reactions: Dub

bullgator

I politely made it known that the longer the equipment is in the moisture rich environment the less I will be willing to pay.
As far as the guns go, I tried hard to find out just what rifle the fsther in law had that is chambered in 350 Rem Mag, but they said they were not sure and about 10 rifles were given among family but they were going to check and see if that one is "still around".
The .284 Winchester is another that would have me wondering about the rifle. A Winchester model 88 or 100 would be a nice find, as would a model 70.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
I got everything sorted but the boxes of bullets.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Loaded factory ammo. Plus the 5 plastic cartridge boxes behind the factory boxes.
20230519_153950.jpg

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Equipment. Plus a Lyman Tumbler that I didn't snag a pic of.
20230519_154423.jpg
20230519_160552.jpg