BIG about to smoke all the other confereces

GTMODawg

BANNED
Where do you get this idea that 24 of the largest tv markets are in the southeast? That’s just asinine. The pac 12 and big 10 have larger markets than the sec.

It isn't TV markets its college football TV markets. It comes from Nielsen Ratings. You would be 100% correct in stating that Los Angeles, for example, is a far bigger TV market for TV in general, but for college football TV viewership it is way down the list....Birmingham is much bigger. People in Birmingham tune in ESPN at 9 am on Saturday and stay tuned into college football games broadcast across various networks until 10 PM most Saturdays. UCLA and USC doesn't garner nearly as much viewership. In terms of college football players shilling products on TV the SE is where its at because that is where people watch college football on TV. Hard to imagine Bryce Young selling Dr. Pepper on American Idol in New York....but Its just about a sure thing to see that in Charlotte, NC during a Alabama / Arkansas game. It will also air in LA but no one will see it other than the few displaced SEC fans unfortunate enough to be forced to reside in that godless place. In Montgomery if a TV is on during that game it is going to be tuned into that game, most likely.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
It isn't TV markets its college football TV markets. It comes from Nielsen Ratings. You would be 100% correct in stating that Los Angeles, for example, is a far bigger TV market for TV in general, but for college football TV viewership it is way down the list....Birmingham is much bigger. People in Birmingham tune in ESPN at 9 am on Saturday and stay tuned into college football games broadcast across various networks until 10 PM most Saturdays. UCLA and USC doesn't garner nearly as much viewership. In terms of college football players shilling products on TV the SE is where its at because that is where people watch college football on TV. Hard to imagine Bryce Young selling Dr. Pepper on American Idol in New York....but Its just about a sure thing to see that in Charlotte, NC during a Alabama / Arkansas game. It will also air in LA but no one will see it other than the few displaced SEC fans unfortunate enough to be forced to reside in that godless place. In Montgomery if a TV is on during that game it is going to be tuned into that game, most likely.
I think this is just your biased opinion. Like most all of your posts. You got a link to this information or did you just pull it out of your rear

GTMODawg

BANNED
I think this is just your biased opinion. Like most all of your posts. You got a link to this information or did you just pull it out of your rear

As is the case for any information one receives on the internet there is only one link needed...

Google

You can click on that and the collective knowledge of mankind is at your fingertips. The information I am basing these facts on come from TV ad sells and Nielsen Ratings, neither of which are free to the public and unless you have a reason outside of a discussion on the internet probably too expensive.....but that information is included in countless articles, free of charge, to anyone interested enough to find it. Were I to provide 300 said articles you would be remiss to find validity in them and I doubt anyone would trust the research findings of someone who held a differing POV. If you are truly interested the best source of information that you would trust is that information that you find in your own research. I would posit that were a person to find their opinions changed based on the research of another person with an obvious agenda that first person's opinion were not well founded and were without substance to begin with. I doubt were I to provide you a "smoking gun" in support of my position you would trust it as much as you would the same information you researched yourself....but that is an assumption based on my own experience.

GTMODawg

BANNED

Out of curiosity I used the link previously provided and it returned 6.5 million links in support of my position. I doubt this message board can support 6.5 million links.....I know my rear can't