Big bore air rifle doe kill

oldenred

Wow...holy smoke for an air rifle??? But with politics the way they are and potential gun tax on fore front, does this air rifle fall under $200/gun/year???

It does not because it is not a firearm. The can would not withstand a firearm as made either. Baffles are aluminum instead of inconel.

oldenred

I have a .22 Airforce Talon, great guns! What is your effective range in your opinion?

100-125 yds max, some say 200 but I wouldn't. I set a 75 yd zero, from 25-75 around 2" trajectory change. From 75-100 I get a 5.5" drop. Still hits with over 400lbs of KE though at that distance.

C.Killmaster

Georgia Deer Biologist
Picked up a Texan .457 LSS CF and added an aftermarket can. Shooting 350g NSA BTHP's. This was a 30 yd shot, she was quartered away hard. Put it thru her heart and she piled up 30 yds away. Did not exit but with the angle that was a deep shot, was sitting by her throat. On the brite side kids loved it tonight. Fresh grilled backstrap.

What brand is the suppressor? I know you can get an integrally suppressed Texan, is the aftermarket that much better?

oldenred

What brand is the suppressor? I know you can get an integrally suppressed Texan, is the aftermarket that much better?

It is a Donny Emperor w/ Ronin extension. Runs around $350 for both of them. Very noticeable difference. With this my wife can't hear me shooting in the house when I'm out back on the patio. With the stock can it was still pretty loud, around 115 decibels.