Big news from Big Green: Remington Alpha 1

HughW2

Check Remarms.com

Remington has officially announced the Alpha 1 and has a section devoted to detailed explanation and calibers offered.
Sounds promising. Will be interesting to see how this shakes up the production bolt action market.

Big7

The Oracle
Check out Ron Spomer on YouTube.
He has a video on the new design.

Looks like all the tolerances have been tightened up and some material changes.

I wish Big Green would reintroduce the old 1100.
They are good shotguns.

Buckstop

Yes, you are correct. Notice they have 7mm-08 listed twice. Typo.

I don't think its a typo. Seems they are offering the 243 and 7-08 in two different barrel twist rates. Goes towards the modern trend of using faster twist rates to stabilize heavier/longer projectiles. Its new longer magazine box design helps with this too. Be interesting if they brought out one in 260 rem with a fast twist. With the longer mag length, it could give the 6.5 CM a run for its money in a short action with heavies.

Some other nice features there too. AG composite stocks are a plus. Have one on a custom and its amazingly light and well designed. Timney trigger is a nice touch too.

Last edited:

ssramage

I'll need to see one in person. Always been a Remington guy, but something seems super bulky looking about these rifles.

HughW2

I don't think its a typo. Seems they are offering the 243 and 7-08 in two different barrel twist rates. Goes towards the modern trend of using faster twist rates to stabilize heavier/longer projectiles. Its new longer magazine box design helps with this too. Be interesting if they brought out one in 260 rem with a fast twist. With the longer mag length, it could give the 6.5 CM a run for its money in a short action with heavies.

Some other nice features there too. AG composite stocks are a plus. Have one on a custom and its amazingly light and well designed. Timney trigger is a nice touch too.
I am still thinking 68889 is a Rem 7mm Mag due to capacity (3) and barrel length and weight. Can’t imagine them offering two 7mm-08 and no 7mm RM.

Dub

I am still thinking 68889 is a Rem 7mm Mag due to capacity (3) and barrel length and weight. Can’t imagine them offering two 7mm-08 and no 7mm RM.

I agree that it is the "missing" 7mmRemMag.

A typo of this magnitude is not confidence inspiring.

Gun people don't miss stuff like this.

It is a typo....sure....but you'd think that company that is turning over a new leaf and doing a bigtime product launch as they dig their way back....would at least have a true gun guy proof read the copy of the computer nerd before it goes live on their webpage.

Doesn't sit well with me. What other details are getting missed along the way ?

Buckstop

Your probably right on that. It does have the same specs listed as the 300 win mag. A little proofing can go a long way, especially introducing a new line like that.

rmp

I agree that it is the "missing" 7mmRemMag.

A typo of this magnitude is not confidence inspiring.

Gun people don't miss stuff like this.

It is a typo....sure....but you'd think that company that is turning over a new leaf and doing a bigtime product launch as they dig their way back....would at least have a true gun guy proof read the copy of the computer nerd before it goes live on their webpage.

Doesn't sit well with me. What other details are getting missed along the way ?

I hope some of the twist rates are typos as well.

Reactions: Dub

rmp

I have heard estimate of $2200-2400. Bergara Premier range.

If that’s the street price, they’re in trouble IMO. Competing with names like Nosler, Christensen, Proof, Seekins, Cooper, Fierce, probably others in that price range..(give or take)
I feel they’d do better to dump the Remington name and start from scratch expecting that kind of money. I know plenty of folks that hit pawn shops and garage sales looking for cheap 700’s. Not because they’re great but because they’re like the small-block Chevy…the aftermarket is loaded with parts to customize. Tough to break away from the budget rifle stigma.
Stepping from a $500 ADL product to a $2000+ Alpha product may prove to be quite the challenge for them. I hope they pull it off.

HughW2

I just found this on another forum. Much better price if this is correct. At this price they should sell like hotcakes.6CCDABFC-7EBF-4D1E-ADBA-FF5691A84CEA.png

Reactions: Dub

Lilly001

A .260 with a faster twist to handle the heaviest bullets and the xtra mag length would sell me.