Big Pine Hunting Club Jasper County near Charlie Eliot

I seen that awhile back when it was posted and thought need to fill 6 members that you have opening for. 6 people is too many on 240 acres. Like others said how many total members ? You’re not doing a whole lot of managing on 240 acres. Possible but not likely. Seems like a co trip freak like someone else said I would pass also

Waddams

Can't hurt to contact them and ask a bunch of questions. Clybel has an insanely high deer population. Might not do much true management but if it's close and you get wandering critters from Clybel, you'll not lack for shot opportunities if you just want to fill the freezer.

As for camp - Clybel has a camp as well. If it's close enough, camp at Clybel and go hunt the club.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
The add is on the classifieds
He just seeking info. Before contact.
That is all.
That’s how I understood his question ! Never know , one of us may be in the lease . I agree with others , I’d probably look elsewhere . I’m in a 700ac lease and can’t imagine 6 people hunting it

ditchdoc24

def 6 members is way too many on 240 ac.

I know people that hunt very close to this tract and do great.

It ain’t me but 3 members at 2x cost sounds a lot better.
I actually emailed in reference to this club and came to the same decision. I live very close to this club but decided not to even apply. I also messaged a guy on Facebook in reference to a piece of land he had openings on in Butts County. It was 100 acres and he's got 8 people hunting it. No way I would even consider that.

Jim Boyd

I actually emailed in reference to this club and came to the same decision. I live very close to this club but decided not to even apply. I also messaged a guy on Facebook in reference to a piece of land he had openings on in Butts County. It was 100 acres and he's got 8 people hunting it. No way I would even consider that.

12.5 acres per member.

JB0704

I Gots Goats
12.5 acres per member.

And they all want "1 or 2 for the freezer." But, with lease costs this is the way it's headed. A lotta folks who have big acreage cheap will be surprised when the ownership of the land turns over or gets sold and they realize how expensive having 1 hunter per 100 acres has become for the average hunter.

Gator89

And they all want "1 or 2 for the freezer." But, with lease costs this is the way it's headed. A lotta folks who have big acreage cheap will be surprised when the ownership of the land turns over or gets sold and they realize how expensive having 1 hunter per 100 acres has become for the average hunter.

$1200 and up per hunter.

Jim Boyd

I am just saying that is the floor, it certainly is not the ceiling.

I would def agree. We are just under $15 on 844 acres and glad we have it.

Been the same price for 10 years now and we are glad of that, as well.

I know of and hear of folks with land below $10 - and certainly applaud that.

JB0704

I Gots Goats
I would def agree. We are just under $15 on 844 acres and glad we have it.

Been the same price for 10 years now and we are glad of that, as well.

I know of and hear of folks with land below $10 - and certainly applaud that.

Anything I hear of at that price is land that has been leased a long time by the same bunch, or somebody leasing to a friend or family. Occasionally hear of some bow only land around there, but it's getting higher too now that folks can use air guns and crossbows.

chase870

Possum Sox
Nothing wrong with asking questions, I might reply in a PM if I had something to say about it just because that seems like the polite thing to do. Normally in my line of work I'll ask the kids for info, most time they will tell me what I want to know. I'd say if you stopped at a store or little breakfast place anywhere close to the club and listed to the locals talk, you would know everything you wanted to know.

Reactions: srb