Bill Elliott history....

riprap

I like Chase and hope the best for him. Only because he drives a bowtie for Hendrick though. Lets wait and see how he runs in Cup with the big dogs before we get too carried away :biggrin3:

One of the guys you are slamming "because his last name" was a two time Busch champion and won a pile of races. Yeah he doesnt belong out there though :rofl: :crazy:facepalm:

Meanwhile, Jimmie Johnson, a 6 time Cup Champ, sucked in the minor league.

The truth is, even the worst of the back makers in Cup have forgot more how to drive a car than most here will ever know. Im sure their bank accounts are much fatter too.

I guess you are talking about Earnhardt Jr. I'm not. How about his brother. He got a ride cause he had a nice mustache like Dale Sr. How about the Wallace brothers or Rusty's son?

Obviously you are having a hard time understanding. The Matthew's family has a great tradition in football. Do you think the Packer's will try out Clay's son (if he has one) if he is 5'8 150lbs just cause his dad was good or he asked them to?

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Rip you know that complaining about the current sad shape of NASCAR and it's box cutter cars, and it's stupid rules, and it's pretty boy stars, and it's complete sell out to the Corporate world, and the world's dumbest way of selecting a champion, is totally uncalled for.

riprap

Rip you know that complaining about the current sad shape of NASCAR and it's box cutter cars, and it's stupid rules, and it's pretty boy stars, and it's complete sell out to the Corporate world, and the world's dumbest way of selecting a champion, is totally uncalled for.

...and you can't carry on a conversation without whining.

Wild Turkey

Great driver until he met the grim reaper after that nasty wreck.
He should have retired on the spot. Never could push the limits after that.

emusmacker

Ok so Chase elliotts last name has no bearing on whether he gets a ride or not? Maybe you rippy can't understand your own posts. Earnhardt Sr earned his ride, Gordon earned his, dale jr got his because of who he is, same with kyle Petty.

And even my favorite driver Harvick earned his rid. who was his daddy, do you know> Did you also know that Harvick can actually build an engine from the ground up and has done it before, and even helps with the cars, he also has a degree as an architect. So according to you, he has earned it and hasn't had it handed to him like Chase, but because Bill was your hero you will pretend in your own little world that somehow, Chase Elliott is the exception and has earned it. And you probably think he even pays for his own gas, and his rich daddy has never in any way contributed to his racing career. Man you're a trip. if it's your guy then "o they earned it" but if its not or if it's a chevy guy then it was handed to em. Talk about can't read. dang.

riprap

Obviously you didn't read as usual. Nascar made the rule changes for the chevys to compete. They slowed the Fords down because the Chevy's were so good?

Football, baseball, golf, basketball...in all these sports you still have to be THE BEST to make it in the pro's. Nascar you do not. Nascar has some of the best drivers in the world, they also have some that do not belong on the track. They are there because of their last name or because they can attract a sponsor. Chase Elliott has definitely benefited from his dad, but has the talent to be on the main stage.

I still enjoy watching it. But like most sports fans, I turn it back to football in September.

Ok so Chase elliotts last name has no bearing on whether he gets a ride or not? Maybe you rippy can't understand your own posts. Earnhardt Sr earned his ride, Gordon earned his, dale jr got his because of who he is, same with kyle Petty.

And even my favorite driver Harvick earned his rid. who was his daddy, do you know> Did you also know that Harvick can actually build an engine from the ground up and has done it before, and even helps with the cars, he also has a degree as an architect. So according to you, he has earned it and hasn't had it handed to him like Chase, but because Bill was your hero you will pretend in your own little world that somehow, Chase Elliott is the exception and has earned it. And you probably think he even pays for his own gas, and his rich daddy has never in any way contributed to his racing career. Man you're a trip. if it's your guy then "o they earned it" but if its not or if it's a chevy guy then it was handed to em. Talk about can't read. dang.

You read well.

emusmacker

O I can read just fine. You said that some get to be in NASCAR because of their names and some don't belong. then you turn right around and say that Chase has benefitted from his dad BUT he has the talent to race in the big leagues.

Hmmmmm, the same was said about Ty and Austin Dillon. They were gonna tear up the tracks and be the next best thing. But since you are soooo great at knowing who will and won't be successful I guess Elliott gets a free pass from being one of the "young snot nose punks that has had every thing handed to him". Rip, your homerism is shining thru. You criticize all the other "young punks that never worked for what they got" yet claim that because Chase has won a few 'popcorn" races that he is ready to become a champ. Ok you win ol mighty racing talent spotting guru. But to be fair, if he don't get in the shop and work himself and be hands on and even help pay for somethings, then he has to lumped into the same category as the other young punks that has had everything handed to em.

riprap

O I can read just fine. You said that some get to be in NASCAR because of their names and some don't belong. then you turn right around and say that Chase has benefitted from his dad BUT he has the talent to race in the big league.

And I stand behind that.

If you can stomach your own posts, you can see where you said I didn't say that. In fact you change your mind or make something up about what somebody said in every post you make in every thread you post in. Just slow down and put your thoughts together before you post. You can do it.

emusmacker

So please tell me why Chase Elliott is different than the other young punks that you have said has had everything handed to them. You can't answer a simple question, you always try to spin it in a different direction. just like the comment about my cousin and go carts. you put him in the same category as the "young guys today that have had everything handed to them'. yet somehow, Chase is different. Why because he's your favorite drivers kid? Please think before you answer.

To you every other young driver is just a punk, but Chase is soooo much different, yet he hasn't even raced in a nationwide or cup race and you are acting like he's the next big thing. does the name Trevor Bane ring a bell? Remember he's the Daytona 500 winner that has faded into oblivion. But oh my goodness, when he won that race, it Katy bar the door, here comes Trevor.

So why don't you think before you post, just because you were there when Fireball Roberts started racing go carts don't make you the NASCAR expert.

emusmacker

So one more time Rip, what sets Chase Elliott apart from the other "snot nose young punks that has had everything handed to them"?

yet he hasn't even raced in a nationwide or cup race and you are acting like he's the next big thing.

Ummm, he is 2014 Nationwide Champion. Seriously man. Rip is right. Think before you post.

ChaseElliott-Championship-Featured.jpg

emusmacker

LOL, uh duh.

I hope the boy does good, but as of right now, he is still just a young punk that has had everything handed to him.

riprap

The days of an Elliott family story are long gone in Nascar never to return.