C. Elliott to try and qualify at the Clip....

specialk

Elliott ready for Cup debut: Martinsville Speedway is one of the most exciting tracks on the Sprint Cup Series circuit. It also just so happens to be the one where Hendrick Motorsports has seen the most success - Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s 2014 win was the organization's 22nd at the track. And it's where Chase Elliott will make his Sprint Cup Series debut, driving the #25 NAPA AUTO PARTS Chevy SS. It's the first of five Cup races for Elliott in 2015. "When we first came up with these five races it didn't really occur to me how quickly Martinsville came up on the schedule," Elliott said. "I don't know why I didn't think it was so soon in the year. I thought it was later on and thought, 'We've got a while.' Then I get to looking at the schedule at Daytona and I'm like, 'This race is coming up quick.'" Now that it's here, the first priority will be a strong qualifying effort. That will be the same story for all five of Elliott's 2015 Cup races - at Martinsville, Richmond, Charlotte, Indianapolis and Darlington. "The biggest goal, first, is to try to get into all of them," Elliott said. "That is the first thing - you don't want to get ahead of yourself. Just try to have good qualifying efforts at all of them but not forget about the race. We definitely want to focus on that and try to be good there."(Hendrick Motorsports)(3-25-2015)

Nugefan

I hope he does well .....:cool::clap::cheers:

specialk

the package the sprint cup cars are running drives and handles somewhat similar to the xfinity cars....there are 3 cars that will go home......

Barry Duggan

Martinsville is a tough place to debut. Hope it's another step forward towards a long productive career.

Wonder why Chase isnt going through all the "riding daddys coattail" "given everything on a silver platter" ridicule around here that Jr went through?

Is it because his name isnt Bill Elliott Jr? :crazy: Or is it because everyone is such a "Awesome Bill from Dawsonville" fan?

Hypocrites.

I hope the best for the kid. No doubt the talent is there BUT he hasnt showed anything in Cup yet. At least he drives a Chevy so I can pull for him. He has some mighty big shoes to fill in that 24 car. Best of luck to him.

Last edited:

riprap

Wonder why Chase isnt going through all the "riding daddys coattail" "given everything on a silver platter" ridicule around here that Jr went through?

Is it because his name isnt Bill Elliott Jr? :crazy: Or is it because everyone is such a "Awesome Bill from Dawsonville" fan?

Hypocrites.

I hope the best for the kid. No doubt the talent is there BUT he hasnt showed anything in Cup yet. At least he drives a Chevy so I can pull for him. He has some mighty big shoes to fill in that 24 car. Best of luck to him.

Right after Sr died that's all you seen was 8 Bud tags all over the place and halo's over 3's like Sr was a saint. All Dale Sr fans went right to Jr. I have yet to see NAPA Chase Elliott anything. Could be that there are not any Nascar fans around here anymore.

I'm sure Chase has been in one of if not the best car or go cart in every event he has ever been in. The same can be said for this week. If he doesn't make it, you can't blame it on the car.

Barry Duggan

If he doesn't make it, you can't blame it on the car.

...but you might be able to blame it on Ron Hornady Jr., or some other no driving fool.:bounce:

specialk

Not looking good for Chase...

if qual. rains out they will line up by points and he'll be out......good news is if rain moves out they can dry the track off in short time.....

Rain could be an issue at Martinsville Friday: Rain is expected to impact Martinsville Speedway on Friday. The forecast from the National Weather Service calls for rain Thursday night into Friday afternoon. High near 53. North wind 5 to 8 mph. The chance of precipitation is 90% with rain amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible. The forecast for the rest of the weekend looks good. Friday's Sprint Cup practice is scheduled it start at 12:00pm/et with qualifying at 4:45pm/et. The Camping World Truck Series also has 2 practices scheduled. The Weather Channel calls for a 100% chance of rain on Friday. For more weather links, see the Martinsville Race Page - Weather links.(3-27-2015)

BornToHuntAndFish

Best of luck & safety to the youngster Chase in his 1st Cup race this weekend.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Cool. I'm glad he made it. Been a bill Elliot fan for years. His kid might be better