Bird hunting without dogs

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Not really feasible. You would have better luck jump shooting doves.

Killinstuff

Don't let guys saying no persuade you not to try. I'm sure you can. Walk edges of food/cover and spots on the spot in cover. Are you going slay them? Most likely not but it sure beats reading stores of other guys killing stuff on the computer. Have fun. And finding dead quail is not great feat. Finding a cripple, different story.

Well I know for sure that you can kill your limit of fifteen Gambiels Quail in AZ by yourself. Because I did that several years back while Javalina hunting, when it got slow... but here in this part of the country...it could be a real challenge... but getting a few are possible. I would locate the coveys with a quail whistle in the early morning or late evening to give you a starting point for busting into them... that is at least a chance. The better plan is to grab someone with a dog, because they are always looking for new quail habitat.

GLS

Classic Southern Gentleman
Hunt this season without one or find someone you can hunt with who has one. Get a puppy now. You'll have one to hunt with next season. If you have a fenced in yard and are willing to share your house with a dog there is no better or rewarding life experience, other than friends or family, than sharing your life with a dog. GSP, Brittany, Setter, Cocker, Pointer, Boykin, Lab-- or mutt. Gil

quaildoc

Can you feasibly hunt quail without a dog? Compared to the alternative, not really. You can stumble across a covey but at a much lower rate. Not to mention a dog gives you a little warning that a covey is near either by pointing or acting birdie. That warning improves shot readiness a great deal. In open country, say Texas, you could walk up birds in a boom year or flush them from a vehicle but this would be very difficult to do in most of the SE.

If you have a place to hunt quail and need a dog, there are some very capable people on this forum that can help.